PDA

View Full Version : It figures...

Pages : [1] 2

tommythecat
09-30-2011, 12:01 AM
So I loaded up my cart this morning with opti-coat, a 6 pack of pads, megs glass cleaner, BOGO microfiber detergent, M205, megs spray bottle, sample of wolfgang trim sealant, and maybe a thing or two more. Hit the free shipping mark, got the 20% off and was feeling good when I went to sleep.

I woke up this evening and walk out the front door to find that one of my roommates moved the garbage cans next to my car instead of putting them in the garage where they belong. Unfortunately its a new subdivision with no trees and it was extremely windy today. Both cans were knocked over and into my car denting the rear driver side wheel well and scratching the rear bumper.

It figures I just polished my car and bought even more stuff for it and then this happens.

:nomore:

Dan C
09-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Maybe now he will move out!

Dan

Matt
09-30-2011, 01:53 AM
What a pain!

I would have been really annoyed with him for causing damage by not putting them where they're supposed to go

tommythecat
09-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Maybe now he will move out!

Dan

Would be nice!!

What a pain!

I would have been really annoyed with him for causing damage by not putting them where they're supposed to go

Annoyed is an understatement.

Matt
09-30-2011, 03:12 AM
Well I would have yelled at him and gone absolutely crazy for not doing what was clearly defined as the bin place.

But then again I can be an a$$hole about those things and overreact haha.

tommythecat
09-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Well I would have yelled at him and gone absolutely crazy for not doing what was clearly defined as the bin place.

But then again I can be an a$ about those things and overreact haha.

Believe me...if I have to spend any money on fixing it...there will be some yelling and screaming!!

truckbutt
09-30-2011, 07:40 AM
My inner child is saying....."This is what baseball bats are for!"
The adult side of me is saying......"If you don't pay for it, I'm going to rip your lungs out!"
Just a suggestion.;)

ThirdgenTa
09-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Gotta hate them garbage cans. A few weeks ago, my roomy put the garbage can right at the very edge of the grass and the driveway. Not thinking about it and having tinted windows I pulled my car out. Yeah, I brushed the garbage can handle and put a nice gash from the beginning of the fender, to under the mirror. Luckily it buffed right out.
I sometimes keep the garbage cans outside in front of my car, but with that wind yesterday I decided to bring them in. All I could think of is them hitting the car.

FUNX650
09-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan C
"Maybe now he will move out"!

You replied:
"Would be nice"!!

But....You didn't state if his signatory is on your rental/lease/mortgage agreement or not.....Or even if his financial input is needed......

Just a passing thought: If you have access to his vehicle you shouldn't need any garbage cans for trash disposal for awhile...Or put one of the garbage can lids to good use like Santino (Sonny) did in the God Father movie......:D

When I was young and didn't know any better, I had a couple of roommates...one of them was a real-life "model"....A Model 39 S&W....I never had any trouble with the other one.....:)

Today's roommates include, among others, some variants and even more of those "models"....

Bob

asd60303
09-30-2011, 01:10 PM
that sucks man.

I'm from lemont as well-small world.

Flash Gordon
09-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Terrible news. Sorry for your loss

tommythecat
09-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan C
"Maybe now he will move out"!

You replied:
"Would be nice"!!

But....You didn't state if his signatory is on your rental/lease/mortgage agreement or not.....Or even if his financial input is needed......

Just a passing thought: If you have access to his vehicle you shouldn't need any garbage cans for trash disposal for awhile...Or put one of the garbage can lids to good use like Santino (Sonny) did in the God Father movie......:D

When I was young and didn't know any better, I had a couple of roommates...one of them was a real-life "model"....A Model 39 S&W....I never had any trouble with the other one.....:)

Today's roommates include, among others, some variants and even more of those "models"....

Bob

That reply was when I thought it was the other roommate that was responsible. I am actually a roommate as well. It was the homeowner that left them out next to my car. It will be taken care of though so I am happy with that.

tommythecat
09-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Terrible news. Sorry for your loss

The car is still alive so its ok. ;)

tommythecat
09-30-2011, 06:50 PM
that sucks man.

I'm from lemont as well-small world.

Cool...whereabouts? I am just off 131st and Bell.

FUNX650
09-30-2011, 08:10 PM
That reply was when I thought it was the other roommate that was responsible. I am actually a roommate as well. It was the homeowner that left them out next to my car. It will be taken care of though so I am happy with that.

That's fantastic news...great!! I like stories with happy endings.

:)

Bob