PDA

View Full Version : Paint sealant

Elee
09-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I just recently used Detailers pro series Poli coat Paint sealant and then a day later I waxed my new BMW 2012 X5 , Platinium Grey Color with Optimum car Wax and got excellent results. The car looks great!

My question is Do I every need to use the coat paint sealant again or is it a one time application . I do plan to wax my car every three months.

Thanks in advance:buffing:

Dr Oldz
09-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Every three months is a good plan to reapply! Perhaps look into claying and polishing also as you want to properly prep the surface before reapplying any sealant or wax! In between, use the Optimum Car Wax..it's just so easy to use after you wash! Good luck with the new ride.

FussMan
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I did something very similar with my 2010 Infiniti. Although I like to detail the car, I dont like to spend A LOT of time doing it...2 hours is the top for me to dedicate.

I used Opti-Seal and than layered it with the Optimum Spray Wax ( I used the same process for the wheels). I have yet to re-apply the Opti-Seal; after washing I will do a quick spray with the Optimum Wax. It looks amazing and takes so little time!

enjoy the ride!

:hotrod2:

Fussman

ScottB
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
1 application is sufficent ... consider any nice spray to help boost and keep it up, you'll likely see more than 3 months with DP Poli-coat.

TS656577
09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
There are more permanent coatings such as Opti-coat and CQuartz (being the two most popular). However, they require the paint to be polished and defect free since the coatings are more permanent than a sealant. So it's an option, just need to be sure it's the correct option and the right steps have been taken to achieve the best results.