PDA

View Full Version : Type of wax?

pcw25
09-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I know you guys probably get this question all the time..but is there a "forum favorite" wax out there? I have a 2009 Suzuki XL7 in excellent condition with little/no swirls. I can't post pictures of the vehicle since my camera is dead. I was looking through autogeek and here's what I liked:
WG Fuzion
Pinnacle Souveran
Dodo Juice Supernatural
P21S 100% carnauba

Does anyone have any suggestions?

IOMCAMARO
09-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I would suggest DP Max Wax. For the price and ease of use it can't be beat IME.

rddmxmeth10
09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
:iagree:

Buckskincolt
09-29-2011, 07:16 PM
I would suggest DP Max Wax. For the price and ease of use it can't be beat IME.
:whs:

Garry Dean
09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
If price is no object fusion is the best on that list imo. You can do the 3 oz for $50.

Imo max wax is too oily. It takes forever to get all of the residue buffed off.

Max wax is really good value for the $ though.

BobbyG
09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
I really don't know if there's a forum favorite. Everyone has their personal preference and Autogeek will naturally promote their own brands, who wouldn't! Autogeek offers a wide variety of Carnauba waxes. Many of these waxes leave the finish looking wet and a showroom shine!

Sealants are taking the detailing community by storm and are somewhat obsoleting their wax counterpart. Sealants are synthetic or man made waxes. They have evolved in gloss, shine, depth, and clarity. Today's sealants durability far surpasses that of traditional waxes.

Are waxes dead? Not at all and far from it but they've had to slide over to make room for the new kid on the block...sealants.. :props:

ScottB
09-29-2011, 07:27 PM
any one of those listed are considered HOT ITEMS and envy of others.