PDA

View Full Version : A rotary video.....

justin_murphy
02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Long time and respected detailer Anthony Orosco posted this little video on another forum. I know he does not mind me posting it here.

Rotary Video (http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/uZa/?action=view&current=2007_02_07_01H20Title1.flv)

Nuke33
02-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I saw that nice little video

Kelso
02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
i thought you werent supposed to angle a rotary? i cant wait till DF so i can see some rotary work in front of me, i desperatley want to learn that

Jimmie
02-09-2007, 08:03 PM
That was neat. Thanks Justin. And Anthony. In my mind I always thought that rotary RPM's had to be a lot higher. He didn't have his set very high at all or was it my imagination?

ryandamartini
02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
i about had a heart attack before i saw the green pad on there.... I was like uh you stripping the paint?! :p

Surfer
02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
i thought you werent supposed to angle a rotary? i cant wait till DF so i can see some rotary work in front of me, i desperatley want to learn thatI thought you were supposed to slightly tilt it as well, at least thats what a bunch of people have told me and what I found online?

Kelso
02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
hey dont take my word for it, ive never actually used one myself, i just thought it caused holograms that way. i was surprised when he felt the paint"not even warm" and he was breifly stopping in some spots which made me cringe just because of the horror stories ive heard ya know

Mike T
02-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I myself have never tried the rotary, but if you noticed he let the pad do all the work. NO PRESSURE. Doing that with a PC can help reduce marring. When he went on an angle he kept popping the trigger, not just going full trigger as he angled. After seeing this video I feel a little more confident. The key is let the pad do the work.

justin_murphy
02-10-2007, 08:16 AM
I myself have never tried the rotary, but if you noticed he let the pad do all the work. NO PRESSURE. Doing that with a PC can help reduce marring. When he went on an angle he kept popping the trigger, not just going full trigger as he angled. After seeing this video I feel a little more confident. The key is let the pad do the work.

This is how I get no marring with the PC. I go with a rough cutting combo and let the pad and machine do the work. Everyone has different techniques. Some use the rotary at an angle and some say no way! Sorta like using the PC on #6. I do it all the time but most say no to it. Everyone does it different. All I know is Anthony has years of experience and doe awesome work.

Reddwarf
02-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Looks like an expert! I love the car.

Gary Sword
02-10-2007, 11:14 AM
If you notice, on the part of the car he touched and said not even warm, he had just did a couple of quick passes on that part of the car. I bet some of the other parts of the cars he spent more time on were warm.

I have a DeWalt rotary like the one he was using. It's a lot heavier then a PC7424. Even with no pressure on it, it has a lot more pressure being applied then a PC7424 unless your holding doing a vertical surface.

Anthony Orosco
02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey people,

Glad you all liked the video, it's a tester for more indepth ones to come.

Justin, you're right, no problems with you posting it up here. I was going to post it here but I just forgot so thanks.

In regards to angles....angles are not the cause of swirls or halograms but rather an abrasive pad/product combo which is not properly finished out. I almost always buff with a slightly open face on my rotary but don't go too far at creating an angle as this will concentrate more heat to a smaller area which could spell disaster:(

Also, just because I didn't tape things off don't follow that if you're just starting out with the rotary. Go the extra step to be safe and not sorry.

I'll post more videos soon....well I already have really but I mean some more indepth ones.

Thanks,
Anthony

Truls
02-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Always looks so easy when other do the job.

Looking forward to more videos, love to see pros at work...

sparkie
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks Justin for finding the video. Anthony, thanks for doing the video. And yes please posts your videos. Also tell us which pads and products you are using. Thanks again.