PDA

View Full Version : 3M ventureshield water spots

Poindextrous
09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I've had my clear bra for about 6 months now and noticed I've already got waterspots. I tried the distilled water and vinegar technique with no luck. Was hoping someone could recommend something else. I searched a while ago and came across something that 'chemical guys' make but couldn't recall what it was.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I also tried buffing them out (I have a PC DA polisher)

FUNX650
09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I've had my clear bra for about 6 months now and noticed I've already got waterspots. I tried the distilled water and vinegar technique with no luck. Was hoping someone could recommend something else. I searched a while ago and came across something that 'chemical guys' make but couldn't recall what it was.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I also tried buffing them out (I have a PC DA polisher)

These folks' products are probably the best for your problem, IMO:

XPel Technologies Corp.'s: PPF cleaner and sealant products: 210.678.3700; and,

Premier Protective Fims, Int.'s: PF-1 products:510.623.1308

You can visit their web sites for further info, if you want to.

Expel also had this recommendation when the need to "buff" PPF should arise: {Thanks goes to AGO forum member Twister for his efforts in contacting XPel for this info}

Quote:
The best solution is going to be to use 3M Perfect -It part# 06064 Machine Polish, with the coordinating buffing pad part# 05738. Use an Orbital buffer at the lowest speed and then gradually progress up as needed. This must be done very carefully so that you don't burn through the film. I usually hit the area a few times for about 15-30 seconds each time. If this doesn't work the "stain" might have seeped through the pores under the top coat and could be permanent.

You could also contact your VentureShield installer or their website for their recommendations.

Some ideas that I hope are beneficial. :)

Bob

Poindextrous
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
excellent, thank you, I'll try calling