PDA

View Full Version : New old member

andrew b
09-28-2011, 08:59 AM
hi folks,

Just wanted to take a second and say hello here - I'm not new to detailing, but am new to this particular forum.

I got into detailing (just personal passion, not professionally) when I got a new-to-me Lexus LS400 about 10 years ago. Just recently sold it (with 215K miles on it) and was still getting compliments on the condition - must say, the paint on that Lexus was awesome.

I've now taken about 2 weeks to get my new-to-me BMW 335i looking good. why 2 weeks? My method is to get it clean, get the paint as perfect as I can, and then work on one area (even a single panel at times) to do the finishing touches. Right now, the car has had 2-stage paint prep, 2 layers of Wolfgang DGPS, and has 2 coatings of Pinnacle Signature II wax. Interior is 303 on the vinyl, Leatherique on the leather, and Signature II on the wood trim. Tires have whatever dressing (Lexol, Eagle-1, 4* UTPGI, can't wait to try my new Muc-Off) I feel in the mood for that wash :)

The other day it was in for some routine work and my Service Advisor commented that it looked better than the new ones that their detail crew rolls out for new car pick-ups. :dblthumb2:

If you're on the detailing forums, you'll find me also over on Autopia (the original, Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/) ) as hook. I'm also a loyal purchaser from the PBMA sites, primarily here on Autogeek.

Andrew

BobbyG
09-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Andrew, Welcome Aboard, glad to have you part of the Autogeek community!! :props:

Meghan
09-29-2011, 02:21 PM
:welcome: