PDA

View Full Version : What is the best rinse less product for MyTee BOSS

Pages : [1] 2

fredcandetail
09-28-2011, 08:25 AM
He guys just looking to see if anyone has used the BOss and what product produced the best results for the buck and at what ratio... looking at the 3 gallon machine.
Was gifted a sample of final ultra something from detailking and it streaked like crazy and didn't lift anything ini one pass like ONR did when I used it a while back

Thx!

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
You used ONR with your extractor?

fredcandetail
09-28-2011, 08:35 AM
The BOSS system is a low pressure spray machine ... I think it was probably designed with the intent of pre spraying chemical in large areas but has been used by mobile guys to do rinse less washes ... I'm sure you've seen it if you google it

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh, sorry, I just presumed it was an extractor since it was a Mytee. What dilution were you using ONR in?

fredcandetail
09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
I had been doing 2.5oz for 3gallons water

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
That stuff you mentioned is their spray wax...I would guess that's why you got streaking. This is really a waterless wash application, but you'll never get near the price point of the ONR dilution you're using with any of the waterless products. Even the one DK sells which is the same price as ONR dilutes 1oz/gal, so it won't go as far as ONR the way you're diluting it.

Rav777
09-28-2011, 12:16 PM
I had the Boss system for awhile and then my friend bought it off me. It was a pretty cool machine. I used to dillute 3oz per 3 gallons but I usually added one more just for giggles whch put it out to 4oz. This might be overkill but at the time I didnt have the trust in ONR (or any rinseless product) as I have now.

truckbutt
09-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Anyone read Corey's review on UWW+? You might want to switch from ONR.

fredcandetail
09-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Yup that's exactly what I'm thinking but the price point of ONR is holding me back but we all know how much I love OPT (insert sigh)

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Yup that's exactly what I'm thinking but the price point of ONR is holding me back but we all know how much I love OPT (insert sigh)

If the ONR is working, you could wait for a BOGO on the DPRW&G, which is a similar product.

Detail_Dude
12-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I had the Boss system for awhile and then my friend bought it off me. It was a pretty cool machine. I used to dillute 3oz per 3 gallons but I usually added one more just for giggles whch put it out to 4oz. This might be overkill but at the time I didnt have the trust in ONR (or any rinseless product) as I have now.

What was your overall take on having a 'waterless' retail detail setup with the BOSS unit?

fredcandetail
12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
For a retail set up I would and we use the Gilmour Foam master but the BOSS is bad ass as we do RVs and boats in lockers and the floors that are dirt can not get wet so this unit came in hand many of times
It's professional, has a good spray to it and is efficient

Rav777
12-19-2011, 06:26 PM
What was your overall take on having a 'waterless' retail detail setup with the BOSS unit?

I had the unit for about four months then sold it to a friend that just stuck to waterless washes and eco friendly products. He does a lot of production details and says he loves the machine. I would of kept it but most of my clients were not up to the whole waterless wash just yet, so now I am doing rinsless washes and a lot of regular washes with two buckets and a pressure washer.

Detail_Dude
12-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Having first-hand experience with this unit, would you say it can be transported laying flat? I don't have a van, but I do have a 4x4. If I were to use this for washing in a quick and easy mobile start-up, could it be 'broken down' or lay flat during a short (20-30 minute) ride?

I like the idea of eco-pods. This one and another sold by CG are on my radar.

Rav777
12-30-2011, 01:24 AM
I never laid it down flat. I had the back seats taken out on my car so it was enough room to lay standing up. The lid seams like it seals well So I think you should be fine. You can also carry a 5 gallon premixed can of solution and dump in in when you want to, just in case you are not able to lay it still. It is a portable unit but I am not sure what will happen if you lay it flat.

You can always take down the metal handle if that is not much of a hassle. Replace the bults with those butterfly type of bolts and you can unscrew it on and off quicker.