PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about shampoo

klumzypinoy
02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I just used my Duragloss shampoo today. It smells great and better than that armor all soap I have in the garage. The thing is, I don't get that much foam. I put the recommended ounce per gallon and i squeeze the Shmitt but it isn't really foamy. Is it maybe cause of the hard water, or is the shampoo like this?

ScottB
02-09-2007, 03:59 PM
I get plenty when using Duragloss in my Foam gun ....

klumzypinoy
02-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Have you used Duragloss with just the wash bucket?

Surfer
02-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I've used DG in Foam Gun and Bucket, its suds like crazy both ways, it and Poorboys SSS foamed the most for me. And they both had long lasting foam in a bucket.

Truls
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I did not get that much foam from the DG shampo either, but the poorboys SSS foamed like crazy

klumzypinoy
02-09-2007, 05:46 PM
ok I'm not alone :)

Al-53
02-09-2007, 06:34 PM
klumzy...

I have 2 wells at my house..one is a shallow spring fed well and has nice soft water and is pretty PH nuetral..my shampoos foam like crazy with this water..I use DG with this water and it foams like crazy....

my other well is close to 300 feet deep...water is hard as rock and alkali ...my shampoos will not suds up with that water...only one that will is NXT and I do not use it as it is to harsh on the wax and sealants...even DG suds very little ..it has to do with the water mineral make up..the harder the water the less suds...

Now just cause a shampoo does not suds up does not mean it s not doing its job..they are..some shampoos use a ionic type softner in solution and make the water sorta soft to make suds...the trade off is a harsher type soap

Al

Surfer
02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeh it could depend on your water. As far as foaming, slickness, and good cleaning, DG 901 and Poorboys SSS are tops for me whether in bucket or foam gun. I have some DP Xtreme and its good as well.

Like Al said NXT is really the only one that seems to work better with hard water, on other forums people had the same issue with all kinds of washes and hard water, but NXT seemed to foam well and keep its good though kinda harsh cleaning ability.

Kelso
02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
ive got a bottle of the DG and in a wash bucket i dont really care for it...it foams decent in the bucket but when i go to actulaly wash my car, its got nothing on poorboys. the poorboys would keep giving me suds until i ran out of water in my shmitt!

klumzypinoy
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I should get a water softener for the hose or something. Anybody know any cheap ways to soften water besides the system offered on AG?

supercharged
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Any shampoo is better then Armor All. You might wanna try Poorboy's Super Slick&Suds.