PDA

View Full Version : Wash and Wax Tomorrow!!

DaMaN22
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Im going to go wash and wax my Laguna blue pearl Honda S2000 tomorrow and had some questions... i have washed/dried the car then claybar, turtle wax Ice Polish, then meguiars tech wax 2.0... and it looked really good, but ive been reading a lot about people using Zymol polish/wax. my question is do i use the zymol as a wax? and still use the
polish before? or do i just use the zymol and forget the ice polish because from what i have read zymol has both? I also have those fine swirl marks in the paint and would like to know what you guys use to get them out without having to use a porter-cable...

p.s. what to use on seats? i know its not real leather right? thanks for the help!!!!

Meghan
09-28-2011, 11:35 AM
We do not carry Zymol so I am not familiar with their products maybe someone else can assist you on that. As for the swirl marks, to correctly fix those you will be to do so by machine. You can hide and get rid of some fine ones but really best thing would be to plug in the PC!

DaMaN22
09-28-2011, 12:07 PM
what PC do you guys recommend? i will be new to pc's and i wont want to burn in any spots in the paint... i herd there are pc's out there that dont let you go to hard on one area? not sure...

mjc189
09-28-2011, 12:11 PM
porter cable 7424xp. There are lot's of how to videos on here and I used one for the first time a couple of days ago and got decent results. Just read read read........there is a TON of info and product.

Sunshyne
09-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I did a lot of research here before I purchased mine (from here of course) and found a lot of positive opinions on the Griots garage DA. I have used it and found it be an excellent machine that makes me look :)

Of course the PCX gets high marks so choose either or and you should be fine

good luck

DaMaN22
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
ok sounds good! and as far as pads... what ones for removing swirl marks? and ones for like waxing/polishing??