PDA

View Full Version : Review: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

ZaneO
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Product: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/pinnaclewax_1894_3640928

Price: $12.99

Manufacturer's Claim: "Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze is a sophisticated blend of gentle cleaners and rich carnauba wax. The combination is scintillating on any paint finish. You will see depths and hues in your paint that you never knew existed. It’s your paint finish, amplified."

Packaging: The 12 oz. bottle is easy to handle and the product comes out easily. The labeling is a bit "flashy" for my taste, but that has no real bearing on the product itself.

Usage: I used it as per the directions. The vehicle was freshly washed and had recently been clayed and polished (I wiped the vehicle down with straight isopropyl alcohol to ensure a clean surface). I applied a few lines of product on a Lake Country finishing pad and polished the vehicle on speed 4.5.

Overall Thoughts and Notes: The product was easy to apply and removal was effortless with a quality MF towel. The paint was left with a smooth surface, minor defects were covered, and it left a wet appearance that had a "warm" carnauba look. I finished the vehicle by adding a coat of Pinnacle Souveran, but left one panel with the glaze only to check durability. Overall, it was an easy-to-use product that left a good finish. It seems to make a good base for a carnauba.

http://www.shineshoppe.com/pics/souveran8_small.jpg

I do have the other XMT products and will review them when possible.

Feel free to leave questions/comments.

Meghan
05-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Nice finish, the red is glowing!:eek:

ScottB
05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Knowing Zane from the Corvetteforum, I can tell you most anything he has ever detailed has looked very nice. (Wheres those GNX pics) He knows his technique. Deep down inside he is a carnuaba lover at heart, but I wont tell !

Meghan, that avatar looks very, very familar ?????

ZaneO
05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks, guys/gals.

I do like playing with carnaubas during the summer time just for change.

I'll post the GNX next time I get my hands on it (hopefully soon).

:)

Meghan
05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Knowing Zane from the Corvetteforum, I can tell you most anything he has ever detailed has looked very nice. (Wheres those GNX pics) He knows his technique. Deep down inside he is a carnuaba lover at heart, but I wont tell !

Meghan, that avatar looks very, very familar ?????
Scott I couldn't resist!:p

FloridaNative
05-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Gorgeous finish Zane!!

Mr. Clean
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Since your finish was in very good shape already, I'm going to assume that you can't really speak to the level of cleaning ability this product provides.

I am interested in what other product(s) this might be compared to / contrasted with in terms of:

paint cleaning
paint polishing - ie. defect removal / defect filling/hiding

I noticed you topped with Souveran, has anyone tried topping with Liquid Souveran?

How about temperature? Is the product "sun friendly"?

dennish
05-08-2006, 11:03 AM
How does XMT compare to RMG?

ZaneO
05-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Mr. Clean - There were a few water spots that it took care of without problem, but I didn't really have any other areas for it to "clean." The polishing aspect seemed to be less than VM. It filled some minor imperfections but didn't seem to "cut" much (if anything). I used it in warm temperatures but in the garage.

dennish - it seems like it has slightly more cleaning/fillings abilities compared to RMG, with a similar overall appearance.