PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Towels - Really??

courtdale
09-27-2011, 08:24 AM
As in are they really that good? Posted a little while ago that I found a small stock of Griot's products at my neighborhood Autozone. Being that I saw something that is rarley found OTC, I figured I'd treat myself to a product each weekend since it looks like it may only be temporary stock. I've grabbed the Spray Wax and Wheel cleaner based on recomendations here so far. Unfortunately I think it was the HD Wheel Clean that people posted on - they only had the regular.

So, I also saw someone post that their towels were "good". I planned on grabbing one or two this past weekend, until I walked into the store and saw the prices. $18 for a small MF Pack, and $28 for one Waffle Weave? Are they good enough to justify that kind of price?? I'd like to try the WW if so, but not if my money is better spent on 2 more bottles of product.

Klink10
09-27-2011, 08:36 AM
I'd call that a mark up rip off.

Flash Gordon
09-27-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm sure their top quality, cuz thats how Richard rolls :coolgleam:

GaDetailDoc
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
You can get those from Griot's website at 15% and no shipping. Advance prices are higher.
Their waffle weave towel is very good. I have one and really like it.

embolism
09-27-2011, 08:48 AM
I got their speed shine towels recently (only 80% and 20% plus the label is sewn in) and like the Cobra blue edgeless at AG better.

Anyone try the new green edgeless at AG? Better, worse or same as the blue?

TornadoRed
09-27-2011, 09:00 AM
I've used all of them except the WW. A while ago someone asked about the Griot's towels and I seem to be the only one that's had problems with them. I bought the gold (polish removal), white (wax removal), blue (Speed Shine), and green (Spray-on Wash) from three different places; the Griot's store in Tacoma, Autogeek, and my local Griot's seller. All of my towels had melted corners like they were hot wire cut. I just cut off the corners and they are fine. I seem to be the only person that's had this problem.
I use the blue ones for QD and spray-on wax. The green are super plush and are perfect for a waterless wash.

ziggo99
09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
The WW is amazing. I've had one for close to two years and it's the only towel I'll use on my car

TheCougarGuy
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
The WW is amazing. I've had one for close to two years and it's the only towel I'll use on my car

:iagree:

Bobby B.
09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
We stock a full line of Griot's Garage products on the Autogeek.net website.

Griot's Garage Car Care, Griots Garage Detailing Products, Griotsgarage (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-car-care.html)

5.4 Shelby
09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
I almost exclusively use GG towels. I do have a few Cobra. The GG towels are top quality. I have had 2 or 3 (out of about 50) that linted on me. I just threw them away. Most of them dont do that.

I also like the cobra. I will try more of them in the future. I was a Griots customer long before I came over here. I keep my eye on BOGOs and usually buy cobra towels from those.

They are durable. Still have some originals from about 10 years ago.

courtdale
09-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Hmm, ok ok. I have a pack of Cobras sitting in my Wish List right now, but I am in need of a good WW. Looks like I will treat myself this weekend to the Griot's as my OTC instant gratifier.

SRTSean
09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
My experience with the white Griot's towels is that they lint horribly when used on black paint. I started out buying only Griot's, but I've started to move on from their microfibers. I don't think they're worth the price.