PDA

View Full Version : 3M VentureShield over Cquartz?

Sonnie
09-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I am considering the 3M Ventureshield film for my 2011 BMW 528i and have already applied Cquartz to the car. Will the 3M stick to Cquartz? Also... has anyone applied Cquartz to VentureShield?

Thanks!

CEE DOG
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
As far as it adhering to the CQ I can't remember. You may consider consulting 3M as well. Even if it does adhere may be a warranty issue if applied over CQ. Personally I would advise against applying it on top of CQ.

As far as applying CQ over the top of it here was what Avi posted in the past.

Hi
should be Ok, though it depend on the quality of your clear bra as well, some use low quality Urethane plastic , which can be stained .
you need to polish also your clear bra and clean it well before.
i would suggest testing the CQ on small spot before applying it on all over.
good luck.

If its high quality plastic should be fine
if its staining the plastic, like white haze which dont come off , then its little problem.
but from my experience with 3M it should be ok.

Here's some experience with a similar situation...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/36596-cquartz-not-compatible-xpel-clear-bra.html

Sonnie
09-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks... I think I plan to pass on the 3M for now. I also got an email from Avi that states the Cquartz could possibly stain the 3M over time.

rakkvet
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the post. We apply paint protection on vehicles at my shop and I know that we strip the hood of all sealants and wax before we apply the film.

Sonnie
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM
What would you use to strip Cquartz?

Kristopher1129
09-26-2011, 10:54 PM
I actually install the Ventureshield kits. I wouldn't recommend installing the kit over ANY wax, sealant, or coating of any kind. You want the surface to be super clean, and clear of any such things before applying the kit.

Not doing so may result in many things going wrong during installation. You're taking the risk of the kit not sticking, or possibly causing some discoloration. Also, the C Quartz underneath the kit is going to serve no purpose anyways.

CEE DOG
09-27-2011, 12:18 AM
What would you use to strip Cquartz?

Polish it off :dblthumb2:

Sonnie
09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Really? Klasse AIO will take it off just that easy?

Dukki
10-07-2011, 05:20 PM
To add to the question. Would you guys advise against applying Klasse AIO before applying 3m clear bra? I bought some bulk film to mask the car this weekend. My car is new and i plan on claying and applying only AIO to the areas I plan to cover.

Belicoso
10-07-2011, 06:18 PM
FWIW:
I had NanoShield applied over Cquartz on my 2011 535i two months ago with no issues.