PDA

View Full Version : So check THIS OUT!

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaneCharger
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
We have a new Headmaster at our school - and we share an interest in cars...He just went over to Germany to buy a BMW M3. So we talk about detailing etc.

Well on my desk when I came back from a meeting was this:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/canes76/IMG_0408.jpg

WOW - I am pumped!

Setec Astronomy
09-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Wait--he gave you that as a gift?

Y2KSVT
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Sounds more like a man crush than a deatiling buddy. LOL!

ohmy34
09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
when is he bring his new car over so you can use it. nice suprise. jonathan

truckbutt
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
That's just wrong. Funny as hell, but wrong.:laughing:

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Are you student or staff?

Cool gift either way!

embolism
09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
if he's a student then that must be a fancy school. Back in my day, we got slabs of particleboard the size of our laps for a desk...

Rei86
09-26-2011, 11:44 AM
if he's a student then that must be a fancy school. Back in my day, we got slabs of particleboard the size of our laps for a desk...

He said Headmaster so...

Also I don't understand the whole going to German to buy a M3 bit. Unless we're talking about the E30 but the 92s and even the 46s are illegal here in the USA for street use.

CaneCharger
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Wait--he gave you that as a gift?

YES HE DID!

Nah, just a cool gesture - I am on the admin. team

when is he bring his new car over so you can use it. nice suprise. jonathan

Yeah, he brought it to school - it is one BA machine! I had a couple of BMW's in the past, so we have that in common

That's just wrong. Funny as hell, but wrong.:laughing:

Are you student or staff?

Cool gift either way!

I am the 10th Grade Dean of Boys and Assistant Athletic Director

He said Headmaster so...

Also I don't understand the whole going to German to buy a M3 bit. Unless we're talking about the E30 but the 92s and even the 46s are illegal here in the USA for street use.

Y2KSVT
09-26-2011, 01:01 PM
No offense meant by my comment. :xyxthumbs: I wish I had someone local that had 1/10th of the interest I have in detailing.

Marc08EX
09-26-2011, 01:12 PM
That's an awesome gift!!! I'm sure you're pumped! Let us know what you think of Zymol.

He said Headmaster so...

How is the E92/46 M3 illegal? They're completely street legal! You see them everywhere everyday.

Meghan
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Very nice gift!

CaneCharger
09-26-2011, 01:17 PM
That's an awesome gift!!! I'm sure you're pumped! Let us know what you think of Zymol.

How is the E92/46 M3 illegal? They're completely street legal! You see them everywhere everyday.

He bought the car here at a local dealership - but they have a plan to go over to Germany, test drive the car and then send it back to USA as a used car (I believe) - cheaper taxes, etc. Plus a chance to tour the headquarters, etc! Plus to run it on the Autobahn!!!

I though it was a thoughtful gift!
Now, what car do I try it on????

embolism
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM
try it on his car...

Rei86
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM

Because I don't understand what Cane is talking about when he said his Headmaster was going to Germany to pick up a BMW.

If you purchase a European BMW E92 M3 while in Europe, it is ILLEGAL to import one to the USA. It does not meet safety nor does it meet emissions standards in the USA. Now if you walk into a BMW dealership in the USA and pick up a legally imported M3 than its legal on the street.

Also if the car is older than 25years its legal to bring it to the USA without any Safety/Emissions concern and registered for street use.