PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Power Ball & polish

froll
02-09-2007, 05:18 AM
This may seem like a stupid question but here goes. Just got the PB combo. I'll wash and dry the rims first then plan to use the PB + the Mother's polish. Does this polish work like wheel wax or is this simply a polish/shine product? Wheel wax works well in repelling brake dust but its a pia to use. I'm hoping the PB will make it easier but still would like the protection of a wax. Thanks

bubba57-chevy
02-09-2007, 06:31 AM
I've used the powerball combo on a set of Weld Rodlites and it really cuts down on polishing time. The Mothers polish leaves a nice smooth feel, but I believe it is just freshly polished aluminum. I usually go back with a thin coat of #16 after using the combo. Then I'm washing the vehicle with ONR regularly so that helps the longevity of the shine. Hope this helps. :D

Nuke33
02-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Why not wax them anyways? hehe Thats the fun part

ScottB
02-09-2007, 07:22 AM
If you want to add protection, get the DP or Poorboys Wheel Glaze. The polish in the Mothers kit is a metal polish and really doesnt offer alot of protection, more abrasive (fine) to remove oxidation.

I love my Mini Powerball !!!!!!

froll
02-09-2007, 07:46 AM
So .... Mothers 1st then wax 2nd?

ScottB
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
sealant 2nd actually ... a wax could not withstand the heat wheels produce.

bambo2888
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
the PB works great on almost everything, minus paint. i use it for my tail pipes, wheels, and window marks (sometimes). likewise, you can use it a lot around the house.

i usually use a metal polish on my wheels and they come out looking pretty decent, for OEM wheels, that is.