PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Hot Water Carpet Extractor Owners-

ShineTimeDetail
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
What are some tricks to getting the most out of your extractor? What are the best procedures for using it also?

Also when filling the clean tank do you put a cleaner in with it? I have yet to put any cleaner in with the water because I don't want to have to deal with clogging the sprayer. Will I clog the nozzle if I add my cleaner to the water?

Ryan R
09-25-2011, 11:09 PM
For my Mytee Hp60 I never put soap in. Only Pre soak stains and agitate if needed but the hot water will do most of the work.
And for cleaning I just suck out the hot water from the clean water tank.

Dan C
09-25-2011, 11:20 PM
What are some tricks to getting the most out of your extractor? What are the best procedures for using it also?

Also when filling the clean tank do you put a cleaner in with it? I have yet to put any cleaner in with the water because I don't want to have to deal with clogging the sprayer. Will I clog the nozzle if I add my cleaner to the water?
Here's a couple tips...1 use a defoamer in waste tank
...2 keep both solution and recovery tanks clean
...3 If you you use a powdered detergent(not Tide)disolve it with hot
water
...4 Use separate buckets to fill and empty machine to avoid adding
soil to solution tank
...5 Do regular maintenance(cleaning/lube pump parts,check fittings etc.
...6 Read owners manual

ShineTimeDetail
09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Powdered detergent?

VR8
09-26-2011, 06:13 AM
I only add an ounce of white vinegar to my clean water tank. Keeps the lines clean and prevents the carpet from drying with a crusty feel.

ShineTimeDetail
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
I only add an ounce of white vinegar to my clean water tank. Keeps the lines clean and prevents the carpet from drying with a crusty feel.

In every tank?

tcfatboys
09-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I use mine like this:
- After a good vacuum
- Pre-spray the area you are gonna clean. [ a descent cleaner, I use Simplegreen All purpouse cleaner a 4 to 1 dilution
for heavy soil, I use help from a stronger cleaner
- I always agitate with a hand brush / helps a lot
- on my Portable / I only use water. I don't put any chemical or cleaner into the tank. except some time's like for Residential Carpet cleaning, that I use, All fabric Rinse for Carpet & Upholstery cleaning

For Auto detail / just clean water

The time you give after the pre-spray is one of the cleaning keys
give at least 5 to 7minutes, for the chemical to work
if you don't give some time to work / your result won't be the same

tcfatboys
09-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Powdered detergent? I don't think Powdered Detergent should be used. Way to strong, a lot of SUDS / Way to much residue on your seats or carpet.

There is Powered Detergent in Pro / Carpet Cleaning Industry, but is not the same type.

I do besides the Auto Detail / Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, and at least for Car interior, I recommend a All purpouse cleaner / rather than powered Detergent
This is my Personal Recommendation

Rav777
09-26-2011, 10:01 PM
All are very good recommendations! I like to add RO/DI water in my tank this way there is no build up of calcium.

I get pretty crazy with the care of my extractor to the point that I apply plastic conditioner to make the exterior plastic last and shine lol.

Kristopher1129
09-26-2011, 11:04 PM
I always use a Malco product called Xtrax. It's a cleaner, de-foamer, and deodorizer all in one. I buy it in 5 gal. jugs, and it gets diluted through my dispenser system. It lasts FOREVER. Literally I'll use the concentrated 5 gal for a year. They also sell smaller amounts. The 1 gal will get you a long ways. You can just add a cap full to your tank.

You always want to use some kind of de-foamer at least. It will keep suds from stacking up in your reservoir. If you don't use one...you could cause possible damage.

ShineTimeDetail
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I always use a Malco product called Xtrax. It's a cleaner, de-foamer, and deodorizer all in one. I buy it in 5 gal. jugs, and it gets diluted through my dispenser system. It lasts FOREVER. Literally I'll use the concentrated 5 gal for a year. They also sell smaller amounts. The 1 gal will get you a long ways. You can just add a cap full to your tank.

You always want to use some kind of de-foamer at least. It will keep suds from stacking up in your reservoir. If you don't use one...you could cause possible damage.

Liquid fabric cleaner and deodorizer?

Kristopher1129
09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Liquid fabric cleaner and deodorizer?

Yes sir...

Xtraxâ„¢ Liquid Fabric Cleaner & Deodorizer (http://www.malcoautomotive.com/Xtrax__Liquid_Fabric_Cleaner___Deodorizer-details.aspx)

It's meant for use with cold or hot water extractors. It's highly concentrated, so you just add a little bit to your tank of water. Maybe a cap full on a 2 gal tank.

VR8
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
In every tank?

Yes

Kristopher1129
09-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes

Yup.