PDA

View Full Version : WeatherTech liners or mats?

Pages : [1] 2

muscle
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
I am going to replace the carpet floor mats in my Jeep and my Entourage. For the Jeep, I will get the liners. However, what would you guys recommend for my Entourage? I need the three piece set for the van. I'm just not sure the liners will look good. Keep in mind I don't have to deal with snow. The worst we have is beach sand and rain.

D.Acker
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I love my Weather tech mats. Their a bit pricey, but they save the carpet!

Chris's FX4
09-25-2011, 09:03 PM
The liners are good if you want the whole carpet area covered. The liners are typically good for people with kids, because they don't know how to place their feet on the floor.

With the mats, carpet will still be exposed and to keep the carpet clean you'll have to keep your feet on the mats. Hence the kid reference above.

That being said, I have the mats in my truck and love them. They see sand, snow, mud, dirt, etc... If I keep my feet on them, the carpet stays clean. They hold any liquid, snow melt form shoes for example. Just carefully take them out and hose them off and they are ready to go again.

Flash Gordon
09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
I am going to replace the carpet floor mats in my Jeep and my Entourage. For the Jeep, I will get the liners. However, what would you guys recommend for my Entourage? I need the three piece set for the van. I'm just not sure the liners will look good. Keep in mind I don't have to deal with snow. The worst we have is beach sand and rain.

Weathertech should be standard equiptment in every car except Lambos. You'll love them as soon as you install. The only gripe I might have would be if you have a level floorboard. If you do, the lip on the mat can be kinda annoying, but even then I still recommend them

Much be a real pain having to deal with living close to the beach. I feel so sorry for you

clintb
09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Check out Husky Liners. They're a good bit cheaper than Weathertech and I like them a bit more.

loudog2
09-25-2011, 09:14 PM
I would not have a car without the floor liners. A must have item IMO

muscle
09-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, according to their website, they don't make the liners for my van. I went there hoping to see a picture.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

muscle
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Yea, Flash, we left Michigan six years ago. Left the snow for sand. :P

dougaross
09-25-2011, 09:32 PM

WeatherTechs are great. I had WT mats in my previous Audi, some snow and salt escaped so every spring I had to some carpet maintenance around the edges. Now I have factory all-weather mats and weathertech liners for winters. I find that dirt and sand still escape my factory mats but with my liners the carpets stay practically spotless. I just dump the crud out and give them a quick rinse (sometimes I use soap)

Flash Gordon
09-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Yea, Flash, we left Michigan six years ago. Left the snow for sand. :P

I'm sure it was a difficult decision

I see your in Tampa? You should attend one of Garry Deans detailing clinics

Klink10
09-26-2011, 03:22 AM
WT liners. Got them as soon as they were offered for my car and recently picked up the 3 piece set for my girlfriends SUV. We haven't looked back since.

muscle
09-26-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm sure it was a difficult decision

I see your in Tampa? You should attend one of Garry Deans detailing clinics

Yes, I am going to look into that.

Does anyone have pictures of their liners? I am really curious what the back two rows look like.

Autogeeks site says they are available, but the WT says no. I may call them to see if they really are or not.

rwisejr
09-26-2011, 05:53 AM
I have the Liners and will be purchasing the full set for the wife and the mother-inlaw's Vehicles. Simply a must have.

Klink10
09-26-2011, 06:18 AM
I found that it depends on year, make and model as to availability.

sserdlihc
09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq96/sserdlihc/IMG_20110917_191746.jpg

Just recently purchased the WT Digifit Floor Liners for my wifes New Lacrosse. Great product and they are made in America! They should be standard on all vehicles. I will go ahead and get the trunk Liner next month when funds become available!!

The rear liners are a two piece unit and fit very well.