PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 + pads

s4v8
09-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi guys,

I've been doing some reading tonight in preparation to apply Klasse AIO + Collinite 845

I'll be using a PC 7424 to do both steps (2 seperate pads), but I'm concerned about cleaning the pad after applying 845. After searching the archives it seems that cleaning 845 from the pad can be a real chore. A suggestion I read about was to use Dawn power dissolver to clean the pad.

So, fast forward 2 years from that thread. Are there any new techniques to cleaning the pad?

Thanks

Ron Atchison
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Not that I have seen on here. Try getting WGPS out of a pad. I found it was easier to just make them dedicated pads.

MirandaAutoSpa
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I have found that Meg's Super degreaser diluted 10:1 works great. I use a 5in red finishing pad to apply C-845. I then use my garden hose to repeatedly clean(degreaser) and rinse until it's clean. I actually haven't had any trouble cleaning my pads with this technique.

LuxuryMobile
09-25-2011, 09:38 PM
A good tip for cleaning pads is to soak them in warm soapy water after spraying them with an APC (diluted) or a dedicated pad cleaner.

Its always a good idea to have certain pads thats sole purpose is to apply certain products. i.e Coll 845, Klasse AIO.

And remember, the harder the product is to remove the more likely it is to last on your vehicle's paint. That is in fact what we are often after right!? Longevity of a wax/sealant.

truckbutt
09-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Compounds are water soluble and fairly easy to get out if pads. Waxes and sealants are not water soluble. It's best to use a towel to get out the excess and put them in a labeled zip lock bag for dedicated use.

BobbyG
09-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Typically when I clean my pads I'll spray them with a degreaser, let sit, then put them in a solution of Detailer’s Pro Series Polishing Pad Rejuvenator and very warm water.

Knead the pads occasionally then rinse throughly and spin dry...:props:

DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator was created to provide detailers with a fast and effective way to clean pads without soapy residue or foamy degreasers. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp730.html)

SeaJay's
09-26-2011, 07:54 AM
I spray mine with degreaser then let them soak in hot soapy water. Then rinse with hot water and squeeze as much of the wax out as I can. Then repeat if needed.

Having a dedicated pad is a good idea as well.