PDA

View Full Version : Made my own Rinseless Wash today

courtdale
09-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Tired of dealing with my hard water, I've been searching for Rinseless wash recently. I knowI could have just bought some from AG, but I just recieved an order, and if I place another one too soon I may die due to an accute case of wife-agro. Searched long and hard today for QEW which is supposed to be the only OTC Rinseless around, but no luck. Also hit quite a few stores looking for Meg's Last Touch since I saw a few people using that as a Rinseless concentrate as well. Unfortunately again, no luck.

So I thought, what is Meg's Last Touch other than really just a quality QD?? Based on that and the fact that I am extremely impatient, I came home and mixed a half cap of my regular Meg's Car Wash, along with 3 caps of Mother's QD which I had on hand and 2-3 gallons of water.

Wiped down 2 panels with it and then wiped dry with a MF Waffle. Followed the waffle with a regular MF and some Griot's Spray Wax.

LOVED the results. I will eventually grab some ONR, but for now, I'm really enjoying my concoction.

BobbyG
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
It never hurts to experiment and occasionally you come up with something that works for you....:props:

tuscarora dave
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Are you using that on the black Bimmer in your avitar? If so you should be able to easily see whether it's working well or not.

courtdale
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes I am, and it came out spotless and shiny. No smearing, no residue, very pleased.

tuscarora dave
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
There are a lot of times in detailing where the fancy boutique products are just not necessary but it's easy to justify the purchase of them. When I fail to improvise and just buy all sorts of boutique products it really cuts into my profit.

Flash Gordon
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I've had my own rinsless wash now for 2 years. Discovered it one day out of frustration. I haven't shared my idea out of respect for the vendors who depend on selling this product to put food on their table

It's always fun to expierment around with different products and find other usefull uses that they weren't even intended for :)