PDA

View Full Version : Missing the wrench for Griot's DA

slickooz
09-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Was wondering where can I get one, I bought a smaller backing plates and pads but couldn't use them because I don't have that wrench. Going try Home Depot again...

If anyone have an extra one, let me know if I can buy it off you.

Shane731
09-24-2011, 04:38 PM
This should work for the Griot's polisher as well, since they are both DAs and therefore use the same types of backing plates:

Porter Cable 7424 Flat Wrench (http://www.autogeek.net/7424w.html)

slickooz
09-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks Shane!

Can someone from AG confirm if this is true?

Flash Gordon
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
You might be able to find something at a bicycle shop Gary. Take your polisher with you

slickooz
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I went to Home depot and a few auto stores, none of them had it. I'm going give a bike shop a try tomorrow.

Thanks Flash!!

TLMitchell
09-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Can someone from AG confirm if this is true?

I've got a GG 3" & 6" and a PC, they all take the same wrench, 9/16 open end if you can find something thin enough. The thin ones appear to be called "check nut" wrenchs. Google turns up a ton at prices all over the spectrum as well as some on eBay.

Best bet OTC is probably Sears, especially if you have one of their dedicated tool stores near you.

TL

slickooz
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I've got a GG 3" & 6" and a PC, they all take the same wrench, 9/16 open end if you can find something thin enough. The thin ones appear to be called "check nut" wrenchs. Google turns up a ton at prices all over the spectrum as well as some on eBay.

Best bet OTC is probably Sears, especially if you have one of their dedicated tool stores near you.

TL

Thanks Mitchell! Going need to check out sears and a few other places tomorrow. Would love to use these smaller pads for spot corrections or headlights restoration.

Flash Gordon
09-24-2011, 09:45 PM
I went to Home depot and a few auto stores, none of them had it. I'm going give a bike shop a try tomorrow.

Thanks Flash!!

If memory serves me Tuscarora "McGyver" Dave came up with this plan or one simuliar. Maybe he will see this and give his 2 cents.

Good luck!

The thin ones appear to be called "check nuts" wrenchs.
TL

That sounds uncomfortable. :nomore:

TLMitchell
09-24-2011, 09:56 PM
That sounds uncomfortable. :nomore:

Doesn't sound near as bad as wrenched nuts. :eek:

TL <--- I hate when that happens

Flash Gordon
09-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Doesn't sound near as bad as wrenched nuts. :eek:

TL <--- I hate when that happens

Not FAIR :nomore: I just spit bannana pudding through my nose :bat:

rwright
09-24-2011, 10:32 PM
This should work for the Griot's polisher as well, since they are both DAs and therefore use the same types of backing plates:

Porter Cable 7424 Flat Wrench (http://www.autogeek.net/7424w.html)

My PC wrench doesn't work on my Griot's DA but the Griot's wrench works on both machines. Weird.

TLMitchell
09-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Not FAIR :nomore: I just spit bannana pudding through my nose :bat:

You say this like it's somehow unusual. As far as home remedies go, banana pudding is known to be excellent for promoting nasal and olfactory health. How many people do you know that dive beak-first into banana pudding that have those kinds of health issues? There ya go...

Dr. TL

tw33k2514
09-24-2011, 10:59 PM
You say this like it's somehow unusual. As far as home remedies go, banana pudding is known to be excellent for promoting nasal and olfactory health. How many people do you know that dive beak-first into banana pudding that have those kinds of health issues? There ya go...

Dr. TL

You might be my new hero.... ::runs off to sniff pudding::

poweraid
09-25-2011, 01:24 AM
u have a bench grinder? pick up a cheapy wrench and grind it down thin to fit . possible that any of them thin wrenches that r used on a table saw or radial saw may fit ?