PDA

View Full Version : neglected black clearcoat-price paid!

spreadem
09-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I went for two months and didn't wash my car, normally it stays in the garage but during that two month period it was intensly hot in the garage so I'd park it out side under a shade tree, what lerks in trees? You got it birds! So now after washing it with Meguiars Liquid Gold soap there are bird poop etchings among other things. Plan is to wash again, then use Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 then I'm not sure if I should clay bar it or what, could use some suggestions.

Gene

JonMiles
09-24-2011, 12:52 PM
wash, clay, correct, seal

opie_7afe
09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
i would clay bar it first as this is standard practice and will remove above surface bonded contaminants. claying will remove the wax protection so you will need to apply wax again. as for the etchings they are below the surface. which means in order to fix them you need to level out the clear coat around the etching, best way to do it is use a random orbit polisher if you're new to using machine, scratchx works on isolated scratches like under door handles and not deeper defects. i suggest for the etchings you contact a professional detailer who can use machine really well..or you can use the porter cable 7424xp and do this yourself but will cost a bit to get everything needed. but then you don't need to pay someone else..good luck others will have some more information for you.