PDA

View Full Version : Can you put AeroSpace 303 protectant on Glass? Interior

row011
09-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Hi everyone

I applied 303 Aerospace Protectant 8 oz (http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot8o.html) to my car today. I have uploaded some pics to share my results with all of you. Seem to come up fairly well, left a low sheen across the dash. We shall see how long it lasts!!

I am actually posting to ask has anyone every tried putting this on the interior glass? I actually put a bit on the glass (which is tinted) and it came up fine, didnt leave any smudge marks after I wiped it over with a MF cloth.

So has anyone ever put this stuff on your car window? I would imagine it would work well considering it is SPF40+
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc516/radarsdirect/CarPic-303-1.jpghttp://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc516/radarsdirect/CarPic-303-2.jpg

BobbyG
09-24-2011, 06:33 AM
I think 303 works nicely on interior surfaces and I like the non glare look it leaves. I don't think 303 Aerospace is intended as a glass protectant but if you wanted to give it a try, use it on aside window and try to track its effectiveness...

row011
09-24-2011, 06:52 AM
I think 303 works nicely on interior surfaces and I like the non glare look it leaves. I don't think 303 Aerospace is intended as a glass protectant but if you wanted to give it a try, use it on aside window and try to track its effectiveness...

Yeh I applied it onto one of the windows... it shouldnt do any harm? My only concern is it damaging or reacting with the Tinting... but I cant see that happening considering 303 is non-toxic and non-flammable?

If anyone can share any feedback on this that would be great. 303 on Glass.

cmichael258
09-24-2011, 08:34 AM
I haven't tried that but do use it on the dash.

Since I get some outgasing when using it on the dash, I wonder if 303 on the interior glass will "outgas from itself even more on the glass" or prevent outgasing since it's already on the glass (hope that makes sense).

row011
09-24-2011, 08:37 AM
I haven't tried that but do use it on the dash.

Since I get some outgasing when using it on the dash, I wonder if 303 on the interior glass will "outgas from itself even more on the glass" or prevent outgasing since it's already on the glass (hope that makes sense).

Outgasing? You mean the releasing of gases for period of time after it has dried? I would doubt it releases any 'gases' considering they claim it to be non-toxic.

Not sure what you mean there, in regards to outgasing less because its on glass. Appreciate your response.

:p

LegacyGT
09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Outgasing? You mean the releasing of gases for period of time after it has dried? I would doubt it releases any 'gases' considering they claim it to be non-toxic.

Not sure what you mean there, in regards to outgasing less because its on glass. Appreciate your response.

As it evaporates many trim products can leave a film on the inside of windows ... pro-tip: leave the windows cracked until the interior dressings are completely dry to help avoid this.

ScottB
09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
As I remember it actually says it can be used on paint ... not sure, but do know they now offer a speed detailer too.

kaboose786
09-25-2011, 01:32 AM
what is the purpose of 303 Aerospace? Is it really necessary?
Thanks

BobbyG
09-25-2011, 06:49 AM
This is what they say;

"Multipurpose. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on vinyl convertible tops, vinyl seats, tonneau covers, car bras, vinyl awnings, dashboard, trim pieces, and all over your boat. It is safe on vinyl, rubber, plastic, acrylic, finished leather, and fiberglass. 303 Aerospace Protectant provides the best protection you can provide for a multitude of materials. Nothing works better on clear plastic to prevent yellowing, hardening, and clouding."

303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 aerospace, 303 protectant, aerospace protectant, 303 products, 303 (http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html)

FUNX650
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM

"Outgassing" :

-Generally is defined as the release of VOC's during the 'aging'/dedragation of materials.

-That "new-car smell", and the 'film' that forms on the inside of an automobile’s windshield and other glass surfaces, are a result of outgassing from its interior's materials.

-Most vehicles have some natural/synthetic materials in their interior. Some synthetic materials are: synthetic fabrics, different plastics, vinyls, and cushioning...all which will produce/emit harmful gases...outgassing, as it were....with formaldehyde being one of the most prevalent.

-Since 303 AP could possibly be regarded as a material, then, IMO, it may or may not exhibit such outgassing as described above. It's carrier system will probably evaporate over a given period of time, though.

- I wonder what the folks at 303 might say about the "outgassing issue"?

Bob

cmichael258
09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Perhaps outgassing, technically speaking, was not the correct word to use. As LegacyGT and FUNX725 stated, it does leave a film after treating the dash.

Thanks for the tip LegacyGT; I'll definitely leave the windows slightly open after application.

FUNX650
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeh I applied it onto one of the windows... it shouldnt do any harm? My only concern is it damaging or reacting with the Tinting... but I cant see that happening considering 303 is non-toxic and non-flammable?

If anyone can share any feedback on this that would be great. 303 on Glass.

303 on auto glass:
I find it tends to fog-up quite readily unless one treats it as a: wipe-on---wipe-off--- immediately-buff---to---remove---all---excess product.

There are many other dedicated auto glass cleaners that will better serve your purpose, IMO.

303 on auto glass tint:
Auto glass window tint is usually made of mylar...a plastic. 303 says it's safe on plastics. So....

Or: the use of "plexus" type products on tinted windows is my preferrence...a better choice...IMO.
AGO even has a "plexus" type product:

DP Plex-All aerosol plastic cleaner,plastic polish,clear plastic cleaner polish,DP plastic polish,plastic protectant,headlight cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-plex-all.html)

Bob