PDA

View Full Version : Meg's M82 - Haze (White Honda Civic)

itay
09-24-2011, 02:05 AM
Hi Mike,

I was working on a friends car - White Honda Civic
i Used SwirlX with White LC pad - That part turned up great!

i wanted to give it another step and to some M82 with Meg's Polishing pad (Yellow)..but the result was haze... :( (Quickly removed with Another pass by SwirlX!

1. how come M82 hazed up?
2. is there any product that should be used after SwirlX to give more Shine?

PPLd
09-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi Mike,

I was working on a friends car - White Honda Civic
i Used SwirlX with White LC pad - That part turned up great!

i wanted to give it another step and to some M82 with Meg's Polishing pad (Yellow)..but the result was haze... :( (Quickly removed with Another pass by SwirlX!

1. how come M82 hazed up?
2. is there any product that should be used after SwirlX to give more Shine?

I am not expert but I would like to share some experience I learnt before...

Some Honda Civic have a very soft paint. Even if you polish by hand with a MF applicator will cause haze on paint - its that soft you see.

Now come to your questions:
1. M82 has diminishing polish. in comparison, swirl X is non-diminishing. you have to allow enough time for M82 to break down to finish out well, while basically you can stop anytime for Swirl X after you remove the defects (that Swirl X can remove).

2. Swirl X > M205 > Ultimate Polish > DC#2 polish = M07 polish (glaze oil only)
Some may suggest PO85RD to jewel the paint with a finishing pad.

Setec Astronomy
09-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Wow, #82, I haven't heard anyone using that for a long time! Have you used it before? 82 has a lot of Meguiar's "trade secret" polishing oils in it like are in #7, my guess is you just used too much and got some residue left on the surface.

itay
09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
I am not expert but I would like to share some experience I learnt before...

Some Honda Civic have a very soft paint. Even if you polish by hand with a MF applicator will cause haze on paint - its that soft you see.

Now come to your questions:
1. M82 has diminishing polish. in comparison, swirl X is non-diminishing. you have to allow enough time for M82 to break down to finish out well, while basically you can stop anytime for Swirl X after you remove the defects (that Swirl X can remove).

2. Swirl X > M205 > Ultimate Polish > DC#2 polish = M07 polish (glaze oil only)
Some may suggest PO85RD to jewel the paint with a finishing pad.

Thanks! your probably right, i need to let it brake down with more time.

opie_7afe
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM
working with diminishing abrasives is a learning curve forsure. especially if your like me and have been using non diminishing... so gotta adjust your method for sure. best way I've found to see when its good to stop is when the polish turns from its normal color to being translucent on the paint. sometimes its hard to tell when its stopped working but most of the time you can tell...really hard to tell on white!