PDA

View Full Version : scotch guard on alcantara seats?

daveinsweethome
09-24-2011, 01:13 AM
just got a new car and it has alcantara suede centers on the recaros. can I or should i use scotch guard on these to protect them?

JonMiles
09-24-2011, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't recommend using scotch guard on alcantara seat inserts. Most the time a gentle agitation with a microfiber dampened with warm water is sufficient in keeping them clean. For some hydrophobic stains a simple ethyl alcohol wipedown followed by blotting with water gets the job done.

One trick for alcantara seats is to keep a lint roller in the car and give them a quick roll every once in a while to pick up light soil.

daveinsweethome
09-24-2011, 01:38 AM
thanks your reply is the best sensible one i have seen. all over different boards and around the world. lots of bad advice. i do have a alcantara cleaner and will put the lint roller in the glovebox. thanks again

C. Charles Hahn
09-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I've been using a product called "Camp Dri" on Alcantara suede as a stain repellent and it has worked well for me; it's marketed for shoes and camping gear made of the same material. You should be able to find it at most sporting/camping goods stores under the "Kiwi" brand.