PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire vs Meg MF vs Meg OTC

muscle
09-23-2011, 10:12 PM
I have a black Hyundai Entourage I want to make look the best I can. The paint is in very good shape. I'm pretty sure everything can be corrected with a DA. I hope anyway. Using my PC, I was going to use Megs OTC Ultimate compound, ColorX, and then Ultimate Wax.

I have the OTC products, but am now contemplating using the Blackfire products Nick used in his review or the Megs MF kit. I guess I could still apply the ultimate wax as a LSP.

If you had a choice, which product would you use and why?

IOMCAMARO
09-23-2011, 10:48 PM
I would definitely go with the Meg's MF kit. This will be able to remove the most defects out of those that you suggested. I would then top it with Blackfire Wet Diamond because the durability from the MF finishing wax isn't the best.

timaishu
09-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I dont see the point in buying much more when you already have UC. Ive never used ColorX so I cannot comment on that.

I have used UC and swirlx with great results. I recently bought ultimate polish to replace SX since I am almost out.

You dont need to fancy expensive compounds to get the job done. I would give UC a shot atleast. And if you dont like it, then get something else.

Setec Astronomy
09-23-2011, 11:47 PM
What pads do you have for your PC now?

brawl
09-24-2011, 04:24 AM
I dont see the point in buying much more when you already have UC. Ive never used ColorX so I cannot comment on that.

I have used UC and swirlx with great results. I recently bought ultimate polish to replace SX since I am almost out.

You dont need to fancy expensive compounds to get the job done. I would give UC a shot atleast. And if you dont like it, then get something else.

I was thinking that an 8 oz. bottle of 105 would be a great backup for me in case UC struggles. UP and SX are also said to be a good finisher. If OP wants more increase in gloss, he MAY get a jeweling polish, which might already be an overkill.

muscle
09-24-2011, 05:59 AM
I have yellow, white and black pads. However, I am willing to buy others.

I see truckbutt down there (viewing thread). :) The shine of his mustang is what I'm after. However, I am realistic too.

edit: I may have orange pads, not yellow. I have to check.

BobbyG
09-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Meguiar's Ultimate Compound is a very nice over the counter product. It isn't as aggressive as Meguiar's M105 and has a longer working time. This combined with the pads you have will produce some spectacular results.

Give this a try with the Orange and White pads you have ad I'm sure you'll be impressed.. If what you have allows you to reach your desired goal then isn't that what you're after?

Setec Astronomy
09-24-2011, 08:01 AM
My advice? Don't get caught up in the "flavor-of-the-month". Use what you have, the UC with the orange pads, the Color-X with the white, top with UW. You could also replace the Color-X with Ultimate Polish which you should be able to get wherever you got the other stuff. When you run out of what you have, maybe you can try the other products you mention.

On the other hand, if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it. You just may wind up with more car products than you will ever be able to use.

muscle
09-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm going to try some UC on it today to see how it comes out. I wasn't really impressed with UC/ColorX/UW combo on my other vehicle, as far as shine/polish goes. That's one reason I was thinking about doing UC/BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish/UW as an option.