PDA

View Full Version : How to detail a factory?

watermark
09-23-2011, 07:23 PM
You read that right. A little background, I run a large bottled water factory in California. The factory was built about 9 years ago, and most of the filling / packing equipment is stainless steel with Lexan windows. The water we bottle is extremely hard (a TDS of about 300 for those who know what that means), so needless to say, the stainless steel is incredibly stained with calcium deposits and very, very dull.

As we are coming into our slow period, I want to keep folks gainfully employed, and also shine the place up. What I'm looking for is some suggestions:

* which equipment? (I'm planning on purchasing a few Flex rotary buffers for the job)
* suggestions on metal polishes (has to work well on stains, stainless steel, and must be able to get a MSDS sheet for it)
* which pads?

I've polished Aluminum and Chrome, but never stainless, and never for anything big, hence the need for suggestions.

As to the Lexan, we've already talked to Avi from CarPro, and he's helped us understand how to use the CQuartz for our application.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Feed back please

Garry Dean
09-23-2011, 07:34 PM
IMO dual action polishers would be your best bet to place a unit in the hands of inexperienced peeps doing, well, whatever. They will still give you an amazing finish.

I would recommend the Sonus Chrome polish for anything metal. It works amazingly well. Cuts good and fast and leaves a fantastic finish.

Orange LC pads should work nicely.

kimtyson
09-23-2011, 07:38 PM
God bless you for keeping people employed!

Garry Dean
09-23-2011, 07:39 PM

:iagree:

Flash Gordon
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM

:iagree: Thats really thinking outside the stainless steel vats...urrrh box :props:

FussMan
09-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Action Clear Coat (Rust Protector)

This is an amazing product which is a hard clear coat for all metals. It is ideal for stainless steel or other surfaces where the metal is on show as the clear coat highlights the metal. The product is U.V resistant, heat tolerant, salt spray resistant and suitable for coastal environments. It offers multi year outdoor rust protection. The concentrated version, being Clear Coat Xtreme can also be applied to metal which is pre rusted, to prevent the rust from spreading. This product when used on outdoors stainless steel will prevent `Tea staining' corrosion. It is a very versatile and proven product.

Here's the link: Action Corrosion Commercial Services: Rust | corrosion | rust protection (http://www.actioncorrosion.com.au/services/commercial)

good luck:xyxthumbs:

Fussman

BillE
09-24-2011, 07:27 AM
[quote=...As we are coming into our slow period, I want to keep folks gainfully employed...[/quote]

:urtheman:

Bill