PDA

View Full Version : Reliability of the Griot's 6

kamikenze
09-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm planning to purchase my 1st DA. I will be using it to maintain a 2003 Nissan SUV (which has moderate water marks on top of the roof and hood, and some light to moderate scratches) and a 2011 Honda Fit. In terms of specifications, it's a no brainer to choose the GG 6 over PC and Megs. My only concern is the reliability of the GG 6 since I will be using it in Asia. I wanted something reliable because sending it back to the USA for repair/warranty will be very expensive. I really want to get the GG 6 because of its power but I have been reading some posts that it is not the most reliable tool compared to a PC. I was thinking that the reliability issues might be user induced or improper usage of the GG 6. Do you think I am better off getting the PC 7424xp? Will I have the same correction abilities (for water marks and scratches) for both machines? I don't mind spending more time with the PC just to get the same results of the GG 6.

Flash Gordon
09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
I've had mine for close to two years now. When I first got it I ran the urine out of it. In the past 8 months I've used it only for finishing out

Mine has held up extremally well considering I'm hard on everything I touch. The life of a pair of shoes for me is two months if that helps any

Plus it has a lifetime warranty, along with being the most powerful DA on the market. Seemed like a no-brainer choice to me

ScubaCougr
09-22-2011, 08:47 PM
The only thing mine hasn't survived is being run over (don't ask...).
With a lifetime warranty backed up by AG what's not to like?

Flash Gordon
09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
The only thing mine hasn't survived is being run over (don't ask...).
With a lifetime warranty backed up by AG what's not to like?

Mark (07 Z oh 6's) brother ran over his and Griots sent him a new one I believe. Maybe he will chime in

ScubaCougr
09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Mark (07 Z oh 6's) brother ran over his and Griots sent him a new one I believe. Maybe he will chime in

At the time I decided I wasn't going to ask either company to pay for sudden onset cranius rectallus.

Even better, the customer saw it. Asked "Did you know you ran over your buffer?" Replied "Yes ma'am. I don't re-use anything to avoid transferring contaminants between cars".

Flash Gordon
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
At the time I decided I wasn't going to ask either company to pay for sudden onset cranius rectallus.

Even better, the customer saw it. Asked "Did you know you ran over your buffer?" Replied "Yes ma'am. I don't re-use anything to avoid transferring contaminants between cars".

Very funny :)

kamikenze
09-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. GG's lifetime warranty is basically useless in my case since I live in Asia. Having it shipped to the USA and back to me will cost me like buying a new one again. Suppose the GG does not carry the life time warranty, will you still buy it over the PC?

Setec Astronomy
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
I've had mine for close to two years now. When I first got it I ran the urine out of it.

Mine has held up extremally well considering I'm hard on everything I touch. The life of a pair of shoes for me is two months if that helps any

Do the shoes only last two months from urine running on them?

Flash Gordon
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. GG's lifetime warranty is basically useless in my case since I live in Asia. Having it shipped to the USA and back to me will cost me like buying a new one again. Suppose the GG does not carry the life time warranty, will you still buy it over the PC?

Good question

Do you have that same crazy electrical system as the Euros do? Or are you running 110?

kamikenze
09-22-2011, 10:11 PM
^^ Yup we use the same crazy voltage (220v) as the Europeans. LOL. Voltage is not an issue because I have a transformer on hand.

sal329
09-23-2011, 07:15 AM
I have had mine now for about a year with no problems so far

5.4 Shelby
09-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Mine is 2 years old and no problems.