PDA

View Full Version : More than 2 coats of U.P.P.??

BILL
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Just finished after 24 hrs between applications of putting on another coat #2 of U.P.P after the klauss AIO. Looks great, really great:D ...... Would another coat # 3 of UPP before the souverin be overkill??

THANKS.................:)

JeffW
05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Just finished after 24 hrs between applications of putting on another coat #2 of U.P.P after the klauss AIO. Looks great, really great:D ...... Would another coat # 3 of UPP before the souverin be overkill??

THANKS.................:)

Most likely an overkill, especially if you're gonna be putting a wax on top. However, since I never top my UPP with a wax, I keep piling on the layers until I absolutley have to take the car out of the garage (18 to 24 hours per coat). Since my car sees lots of miles, I prefer not to use a wax and instead just apply UPP or spray UPPS.

IMO, the value of UPP from a looks standpoint isn't going to be any better after the 2nd or 3rd layer. Slap the wax on...

BILL
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I kind of thought so also.......thanks .......:-)

ScottB
05-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Dimishing Rewards :

2-3 Coats of a Sealant Maximum
1-2 Coats of a Wax (second coat usually is more for uniform coverage)

BILL
05-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Dimishing Rewards :

2-3 Coats of a Sealant Maximum
1-2 Coats of a Wax (second coat usually is more for uniform coverage)

Thanks killrwheels, Aready have the 2 coats of U.PP. on and tomorrow the first of souveran goes on and thursday the 2nd coat.....

looks great right now........thank you and all for all your help :-)

ScottB
05-02-2006, 06:09 PM
you simply have an award winning combo. I will miss UPP, but looking forward to finding an equal competitor.