PDA

View Full Version : One quick tip that will save you time

Flip
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't know if anyone else does this but here it is; a different way to search the forum.

Use Google to search for threads, it seems to be a little more user friendly than the forum search tool.

Use this link, (Yes I know the link says "Google" but just click it, there is a code that is automatically entered for AG when the link is opened)

Google (http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=%20site%3Aautogeekonline.net%20&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1dbba2a200efb75c&biw=1366&bih=596&pf=p&pdl=500)

After you open the link, bookmark it. (I put it in my Toolbar for quick access)

Once you have the link opened, add some keywords, (whatever you are searching for on the AG forum) and you can find tons of results that you can browse through very quickly. All of the google results found will ONLY be from the AG Forum.

I prefer this method because you are able to see a two line preview for each result, which saves time by eliminating unrelated results.

I know for some people this might be something obvious, but it might be new for a lot of forum members. Just another tool to utilize.

Hope this was helpful,
-Chris

Bunky
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
If you really want to search threads, google is a lot more flexible than the built forum search tool.

Flash Gordon
09-21-2011, 05:39 PM
What am I suppose to be searching for? Everything gets covered again and again. I just wait for a subject to recycle itself

Flash Gordon
09-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Funny thing is I first found the detailing forums by using Google

umi000
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
You can generally limit Google to search just a specific site by adding the words "site:yourwebsite.com" (without double-quotes) to your search. So for AG, just add "site:autogeekonline.net" or "site:autogeekonline.net/forum". Also, if you want to search for a specific phrase using Google, just put it in double-quotes. So if I was looking for information regarding Meg's Ultimate Paste Wax on AG, I'd use "Ultimate Paste Wax" site:autogeekonline.net/forum rather then just Ultimate Paste Wax (for which all three words can easily be used separately).