PDA

View Full Version : Meg's #7 and WG sealer 3.0 a good fit?

HFDFyreFytr
09-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Ok, I tried the sealer right away after paint correction and it looks pretty good, but not all that I wanted out of this. I have some meg's #7 glaze on the shelf. Anyone used this with with wolfgang sealer 3.0 with good results. Truck is a Silverado in black 2007.

If it is, the glaze needs to go on first, so how do I remove the sealer? Does it come off with Dawn like wax or do I need something else?

Thanks for any advice...

Setec Astronomy
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
I presume you are referring to the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (WDGPS). Generally you don't want to put a sealant on top of an oily glaze (which #7 is) or a carnauba wax.

However, there's no reason to remove the WDGPS before putting the #7 on; try it and see how you like it! It will only last a few days or until it rains, however.

You did such a nice job on that black truck, maybe you should try a beauty wax on it like Souveran or P21S.

HFDFyreFytr
09-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I guess I am going to try that tomorrow. Just didn't want to waste the wax if i was going to end up stripping it all off to start with the glaze. Your answer clears that up though. Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
A lot of people use a sealant as a base for durability, and then top with a wax for looks.

truckbutt
09-26-2011, 01:36 PM
IMHO most sealants have shiny, plastic like look. Some more then others. Adding a carnauba or carnauba+ wax adds slickness and depth. That's why Blackfire sells the BFWD and Midnight Sun combination.