PDA

View Full Version : opinions

Pages : [1] 2

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I will be putting in an order here pretty soon. I have m105 and m205 and 7424xp. I am however running out of waxes and sealant. I have a eb 2002 zo6 and like the wet deep look. Which sealant would u prefer, and what carnauba wax do u recommend as a top coat. I am in need of pad as well. I have been wanting to try out the lake country pads. Which do u suggest. I am in need of the right sized backing plate too. Which Microfiber would u suggest. Keep in mind I am on a slight budget...i have heard great things about pinnacle, rejex, and wolfgang... i am a former zaino guy

truckbutt
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
I will be putting in an order here pretty soon. I have m105 and m205 and 7424xp. I am however running out of waxes and sealant. I have a eb 2002 zo6 and like the wet deep look. Which sealant would u prefer, and what carnauba wax do u recommend as a top coat. I am in need of pad as well. I have been wanting to try out the lake country pads. Which do u suggest. I am in need of the right sized backing plate too. Which Microfiber would u suggest. Keep in mind I am on a slight budget...i have heard great things about pinnacle, rejex, and wolfgang... i am a former zaino guy
I'm a Blackfire guy, so I recommend Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. As far as a carnauba topper, I recommend either the Blackfire Midnight Sun or Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I use both and I think they both look about the same, slick and wet. I use Lake Country 6.5 inch pads on a Flex. I think that most people would recommend 5.5 inch pads for the PC. As far as MF towels, the Black MF Wheel towels that AG sells are a good price, have a nice knap, and work just as well as the more expensive towels IMHO.
Enjoy!

Bobby B.
09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I would use a 5" DA Backing Plate with Lake Country CCS 5.5" Orange Light Cutting Pads and White Polishing Pads with the PC 7424XP for correcting the paint surface. I like to use the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for long term protection and gloss. The Wolfgang Fuzion Polymer Estate Wax is perfect for topping the Sealant once it fully cures. I like to use the Cobra Gold Plush Jr towels for removing the product residue.

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM
wolfgang is a little out of my budget for now. i have heard great things about black fire sealant. what is the actual name of it so i can order some.
maybe even a link to buy?

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
so after i apply the sealant with a few coats how many coats should i apply of the carnauba.
do you suggest past carnaubas or liquid form
whats the pros and cons

truckbutt
09-21-2011, 12:00 PM
wolfgang is a little out of my budget for now. i have heard great things about black fire sealant. what is the actual name of it so i can order some.
maybe even a link to buy?
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant-Apply two thin coats, 24 hours apart. One or two coats of carnauba is fine after 24 hours to let the sealant fully cure. If you are using a DA, the liquid is easier to use.

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
i see nothing under "blackfire wet diamond sealant"
but i do see a "blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection". description states that it is a sealant however....

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
which carnauba do you guys suggest?
blackfire midnight sun carnauba wax, megs gold class pro otc, or megs hi tech yellow wax?

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
any opinions on the souveran line of products? or even rejex

truckbutt
09-21-2011, 12:58 PM
i see nothing under "blackfire wet diamond sealant"
but i do see a "blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection". description states that it is a sealant however....
Same.

bobble
09-21-2011, 01:11 PM
To the OP where are you located maybe someone cangive youa sample to try first.
I like anduse BFWD on most of my cars, DD;s that sit outisde 24/7 I have coated. It gives a nice look wet, hard shell look. I top with either PB natty blue or 845 myself.

JonMiles
09-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Polish the car to perfection and leave it naked.

BobbyG
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm a Blackfire guy, so I recommend Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. As far as a carnauba topper, I recommend either the Blackfire Midnight Sun or Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I use both and I think they both look about the same, slick and wet. I use Lake Country 6.5 inch pads on a Flex. I think that most people would recommend 5.5 inch pads for the PC.

:iagree: This is a nice combination and works very well.

Pads & Backing Plate

Lake Country Pads

Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-pad-kit.html)

Backing Plate

lake country 5 inch backing plate, 5 inch backin plate, 5 inch hook and loop backing plate (http://www.autogeek.net/lc43125.html)

pozesd99'
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM
which 6 pads do you suggest i get?
i will be using
m105/205
blackfire gloss enhancer
blackfire wet diamond all finish protection
blackfire wet diamond midnight sun carnauba paste.
what order should i do these in? what color pads and products do i pair them up with

bobble
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
IMO for a PCXP:

105 - Orange
205 - White
Gloss enhancer - Black
BFWD - Red
Wax - Red

Buy at least 8 pads 2 each color.