PDA

View Full Version : Products that allows you to work under the Sun

Pages : [1] 2

terentius
09-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi Folks

Appreciate if you can help to advice which range of products allow you to work under the Sun.

Other then poor boy range . Most of the products I came across are recommeded to work under shade.

I am looking for :
Quick Wax
Quick detailer
AIO
sealant
Wax

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Terence

ronkh57
09-21-2011, 08:04 AM
I like the PB stuff.
It does what it say it does.

pickles
09-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Meguiar's Ultimate wax line is sun safe in all forms (paste,liquid,spray) ect.

FUNX650
09-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi Folks

Appreciate if you can help to advice which range of products allow you to work under the Sun.

Don't know about "under the sun", but this reminds me of an old Steven Wright joke (and I paraphrase):

Q. "What were the words uttered by the first man to land on the sun"?
A. OOOCH, OOOWCH, OOOCH

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Terence

I find that most car care products, as well as myself, work better 'out of the sun'. (Just like: OOOCH, OOOWCH, OOOCH...IMO.)

But that's me. :)

Bob

BMW
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I second ronkh57 Poorboy products work very well in or out of the sun

dsottum
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
I've enjoyed OID for my drying aid QD. The best product recommendation for working in the sun is a bigger garage or fold up car tent :)

dannythekid
09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I've been a big fan of Poorboy's stuff for in the sun.

Meg's 105/205, not so much./

TroyScherer
09-21-2011, 10:55 AM
:iagree: As far as I know the Poorboy's and maybe some of the XMT line are the only ones made to be used in the sun and shade. But I would highly suggest Poorboy's.

Check them out here: Poorboys World Polishing & Detailing Products: High quality, low cost car care products! poor boy's car care, poorboy's detailing products, poorboys (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboysworld.html)

JRivers
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Besides PoorBoys the Pinnacle XTM line works well under the sun

Bobby B.
09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
If the paint surface is too hot to touch with your bare hands than I wouldn't use any products. The XMT by Pinnacle and Poorboys World products are safe for use in direct sunlight but I always recommend using products in the shade and on a cool surface.

terentius
09-21-2011, 08:47 PM
As far as I have a choice I would not want to work without a shade too... :xyxthumbs:

however most of people here in my country stay in apartments and do not have own garage.

Starting to wash the car at 8.00am will means polishing can only start after 9.00. this is where temp is getting higher and morning Sun. By the time for LSP it is already noon.

Hence looking for some products that are sun "friendly"

brawl
09-22-2011, 04:50 AM
I hate to work under the sun. Sun here is viscous. Before I detailed my car, I started to wash at 5 AM. I took a break at 10:30 and resumed at 2PM. Working between two houses gives enough shade until noon. I want to work at night, but I think my neighbors will call the police once they hear Griot's power.

This is a good thread though.Using a QD under the sun is highly probable. I can also see myself using a wax under the sun.

shoeless89
09-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Like everyone else has said, Poorboy's and XMT works well in the sun compared to other products. Also the OTC Meguiar's Ultimate stuff isn't too mad either. And as far as a quick detailer in the sun, go with Dodo's Tropical Red Mist you won't be disappointed :)

Showroom Shine
09-23-2011, 06:36 AM
My go to wax has been Liquid Souveran for the past few years. I have tried many others,but I'm sold. I have used it in the sun,and waxed the entire vehicle before removing it. To date it has not given me any trouble. I also use the paste.As Mike says if the surface is hot to backside of my hand from the start. I have to use my tent or pull the car inside. Here's a Lambo after some claying,wetsanding and buffing. Menzerna!Souveran!

duck_commander
09-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Just got off the phone with Jerry at Duragloss (very very nice guy), EVERY Duragloss product is safe to apply in the sun. EVEN if you are using the bonding agent with your polish... Jerry said, to apply to whole vehicle before removing, just like you'd do in the shade.