PDA

View Full Version : Is the glass master pro what everyone's using on their windows?

Pages : [1] 2

touring
09-20-2011, 04:20 PM
i hate doing windows but this looks like the way to go.

Setec Astronomy
09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I got one somewhere. I wish I would remember to use it once in a while.

Rsurfer
09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
i hate doing windows but this looks like the way to go.
Yeah, it's great for corners.

Mike Phillips
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I use it in just about every car I detail, it's easier than contorting your body for the windshield and rear window...

I usually wipe all the heavy gunk off by hand, then give the glass a final wipe again by hand and then use the Glass Master Pro for the final wipe.

We used it last week on this Porsche (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-open-garage-classes/40652-1994-porsche-964-turbo-3-6-modeled-janna-amy-3.html)... the back window is a pain...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1257/94PorscheCTW47.jpg

:dblthumb2:

mwoolfso
09-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I got one somewhere. I wish I would remember to use it once in a while.

And then I usually forget I had it and purchase something else to do the same thing. I hate that.

BobbyG
09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I think most here have one and it's indispensable on the inside when getting into those little corners and near the bottom of the windshield...:props:

Mike Phillips
09-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I'll see if we can show it on the Can Am Vette this Thursday... maybe get a helper to help out...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1261/600_1977CanAmCorvette01.jpg

:D

ziggo99
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I guess I'll have to use mine again...last time I used it all it did was smear the dirt around.

BobbyG
09-20-2011, 06:05 PM
I guess I'll have to use mine again...last time I used it all it did was smear the dirt around.

Hey Kyle,

This system works really well but use only the light blue microfiber cover.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Glass.jpg

Always use a clean Microfiber Glass Towel otherwise you'll redeposit old dirt back onto the glass.

Clean the inside of the glass as you normally would with a quality glass cleaner like the ones mentioned above. Once the inside of the windshield is clean use the Glass Master Pro to clean deep in the corners and those areas that you're simply not able to reach.

Spray the glass cleaner directly on the cloth. Don't over saturate the pad and cloth then place it in the places you wish to clean wiping back and forth until clean

sahrcar
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
I liked mine while it was in one piece but where the black handle connects to the rest of the piece its just basically styrofoam inside. As I was removing a box from my vehicle the handle was sticking out just a tad and barely snagged on the door frame and broke off. I think its a great idea but could use better build quality.

Old Tiger
09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I use 2 of these. One I spray a little Clearcote Quick Shine on and clean interior window. I use yellow for this.

. Then I polish with a dry blue pad. Works great for me!

Jimmie
09-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I use mine a lot. Couldn't do without it. Not only do I use it on the inside of the windshield/rear window. I take the plug out of the handle; screw an extended handle into it; drape a mf over it; and dry my MH including all windows.
*on a business card I picked up yesterday the detailer said RV windows (only I'm guessing) for $50. With this tool you can do them standing flatfooted for those that want to make some extra bucks.

DaHen
09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Picked up the yellow and black plastic one that Invisible Glass puts out from one of the local auto parts store. Looks bout the same as the Glass Master Pro.
They sure make life easy when reaching the furthest inside corners of the windows.

kimtyson
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I use the glass master that God gave me... my hand. I prefer the ease of turning my mf over without having to "change" it on the handle. Also, the ease that it is always (so far) connected to me.

rfinkle2
09-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I use mine a lot. Couldn't do without it. Not only do I use it on the inside of the windshield/rear window. I take the plug out of the handle; screw an extended handle into it; drape a mf over it; and dry my MH including all windows.
*on a business card I picked up yesterday the detailer said RV windows (only I'm guessing) for $50. With this tool you can do them standing flatfooted for those that want to make some extra bucks.

I do this too^. I have a couple of extensions for different areas of the car and angles.

It is a good idea to cover the extension with foam, in the case you bump an interior piece with it.