PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Product

JoeD
05-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi all,

a friend of mine has told me about a liquid wax that I have not heard of. I know that AG does not carry it. I was just wondering if any of you have heard of it or used it and what you thought of the product. It is called Super Glaze HD, Natural Carnauba, Liquid Wax by The Wax Shop. I was just curious about the product and thought you Pros would know. Thanks for any info. JoeD

Larry A
05-02-2006, 01:28 PM
The Wax Shop is now owned by Turtle Wax. It use to be a independent company, that sold a high solvent wax (Super Glaze) that was used a lot on race cars , because the solvent would cut the road film off the cars .It left a great shine but didnt last very long. It was more like a express wax. Super Glaze HD is the new formula from Turtle Wax.

JoeD
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks Larry A for the reply and information. It looks like a product that I am not interested in. JoeD

ScottB
05-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I used the Wax-Shop products back in the 80's. There Glaze was easy to use (does anyone remember when B&M made a paint polish?), and they had a plexiglass cleaner called Safe-Cut that was a serious contender. I think Pepboys still carries the line.