PDA

View Full Version : New guy with silver WRX 2011 got questions.

Chris Derrick
09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Hello everyone I just purchased a new silver subaru WRX Limited black leather! I want to start this car off right and have questions. I did good soapy detail last night and the paint needs good rubbing but doesn't feel like it needs clay but am sure after being on a boat from Japan it has something in the paint right? My father uses Mothers Reflections on his new White VW GTI and it looks nuts, so i purchased some aswell and plan on using it soon. I am interested in if you guys think I should clay the car first, I have new bottle of Mothers Sealer glaze should I put this on 2nd then the Reflections? I also have bottle of Reflections top coat I ordered online. What do you pro's say I should do? This car sits outside year round, and all work is done at car wash by hand no buffer. Thanks in advance everyone. Chris Derrick

nadroj
09-19-2011, 11:15 PM
The only way to know for sure if it needs to be clayed or not (it probably does) is to do the baggie test. Just put a plastic sandwich bag over your hand and gently glide your fingers across the paint to feel if it is smooth or bumpy.

Chris Derrick
09-20-2011, 04:52 AM
After claying it should I go with the Reflections and top coat or does it need something before the Reflections?