PDA

View Full Version : Sealants

Pages : [1] 2

GK Auto Spa
09-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Afternoon folks!!

I wanted to know how long does Meguiar’s #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 last? & what sealants last the longest or the most durable.

Thanks GK

A.P.A.D.
09-19-2011, 06:48 PM
i would like to know as well. of course it depends on the elements and if the car is garage kept or not. M21 is what i use on clients vehicles. good priced, goes on and comes off easily, and smells awesome!

i would like to think it lasts 4-6 months. i would think waxes would last 1-3 months. that has always been my thinking. id be interested in hearing input from others though.

dchristo
09-19-2011, 06:50 PM
dont know how long the megs last but Ive had good luck with wolfgang DGPS

A.P.A.D.
09-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Dave, what would u say the average life of DGPS is?

BobbyG
09-19-2011, 06:56 PM
I've never used Meguiar's #21 but Klasse High Gloss Sealant touts 12 months worth of protection.

Other great sealants

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection
BlackFire Wet Diamond
Menzerna Power Lock
PRIMA Hydro-Seal
(http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss.html)
DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant

highgrade
09-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I've never used Meguiar's #21 but Klasse High Gloss Sealant touts 12 months worth of protection.

Other great sealants

BlackFire Wet Diamond
Menzerna Power Lock
PRIMA Hydro-Seal

BobbyG, you favor Menzerna Power Lock, right? When I am out of Prima, I will probably give Power Lock a try. Just put PRIMA on my daily driver this past weekend. Car feels slicker than snot on a glossy doorknob! Hope it holds up as long as the WG DGPS!

GK Auto Spa
09-19-2011, 07:08 PM

Other great sealants

BlackFire Wet Diamond
Menzerna Power Lock
PRIMA Hydro-Seal

I've heard about KLASSE,but never used it. The thing is,local detailing suppliers never heard nor do they have many of the products here. Megs seams to be in more places than the rest of them. i e easy to get. If i had a choice i would use KLASSE,but isnt available like trusted reknowned brand Meguiars.

thanks guyz

BobbyG
09-19-2011, 07:19 PM
BobbyG, you favor Menzerna Power Lock, right? When I am out of Prima, I will probably give Power Lock a try. Just put PRIMA on my daily driver this past weekend. Car feels slicker than snot on a glossy doorknob! Hope it holds up as long as the WG DGPS!

Menzerna Power Lock is a great product but since I started using Prima Hydro-Seal I'm not so sure anymore...Another one I find impressive is Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger..

I like to try different products and this is how I come across new products and gauge them against the incumbents...

D_Nyholm
09-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I've never gotten m21 to last even 3 months on a partially garage car. I just ended up trading it away. I prefer collinite 845 or even Dodo juice supernatural hybrid.

dchristo
09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Dave, what would u say the average life of DGPS is?

my truck sits under a carport, and is a daily driver and water still beads after 5 months

Shortymgee
09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
DP poli coat paint sealant is sweeeeeeet, cheap and last 2 months but that was with high press washes fallowed by pinnacle shampoo hand washed every week then. It finally pooped out. Time to reapply........

Shortymgee
09-19-2011, 09:19 PM
IS Wolfgang DGPS even better because I've got a new bottle that I would love to open for the winter months.

Hoytman
09-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Menzerna Power Lock is a great product but since I started using Prima Hydro-Seal I'm not so sure anymore...Another one I find impressive is Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger..

I like to try different products and this is how I come across new products and gauge them against the incumbents...

I wished I'd have known this a week ago. I could have ordered some Prima on the BOGO.

Shortymgee
09-20-2011, 06:51 PM
IS Wolfgang DGPS even better because I've got a new bottle that I would love to open for the winter months.

?

D_Nyholm
09-20-2011, 06:56 PM
?

Don't know if it is necessarily better. If anything, it has more of a carnauba look and should last about the same as the poli-coat.