PDA

View Full Version : How to properly remove Love Bug guts from your paint - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Pages : [1] 2

Garry Dean
09-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Thats right folks, Love Bug season is in full swing here in FL.

I get dozens of calls per year asking if I can repair Love Bug damage.

NO, I CANNOT FIX THE LOVE BUG ETCHINGS ON YOUR VEHICLE! Make them look better, maybe. Love Bug etchings are deep, nasty, and permanent!

What I can do is teach you the correct way to prevent the damage moving forward.

Either the Love Bugs are etched into the clearcoat or the vehicle owner has taken a scouring pad or some type of brush to the paint to try and remove them.

There are many solutions that will work for safely removing Love Bugs from the paint, but I like to use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate.

It takes about 20 minutes to safely remove the mess Love Bugs make. It is definately worth it to clean them off of your vehicle properly EVERY DAY during the 4 weeks per year we have them.

Enjoy the video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ifrrLuPs4Q]How to Properly Remove Love Bug guts from your paint using Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate and microfiber towels Garry Dean Tampa, FL Detailing Ferrari BMW polishing - YouTube[/video]

Thanks for watching!

Driwash
09-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Good to see a method to remove those clear goat killers. People that live in Florida have to deal with these love bugs twice a year,(May and September).

Like Garry said the damage is done in less than 24 hrs.

Thanks Garry for the great how to video.

Tom

courtdale
09-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you..

courtdale
09-19-2011, 06:27 PM
What is recomended for an "on the fly" in the car package? They are SOOOO bad in east Orlando, I have to stay on top of them every time I hop out of my car. For a DDriver, what is the best course of action? I stopped by the store just for this reason tonight and grabbed a bottle of Bug B Gone, Griot's Spray Wax, and tossed them both in the trunk with a MF and a bottle of water. Is there a better emergency pack for on the fly maintenance?? I #$%^ing hate these things.

opie_7afe
09-19-2011, 07:23 PM
lol we get them here in beaufort also..man they have some grip also 60mph them buggers will stay clinging to my windshield!...hate em! thanks for the vid offers some great tips for dealing with them!. and driwash whats a "clear goat"? never seen love bugs attack a clear goat....LOL

highgrade
09-19-2011, 08:15 PM
nice job with the video!

Garry Dean
09-19-2011, 09:03 PM
What is recomended for an "on the fly" in the car package? They are SOOOO bad in east Orlando, I have to stay on top of them every time I hop out of my car. For a DDriver, what is the best course of action? I stopped by the store just for this reason tonight and grabbed a bottle of Bug B Gone, Griot's Spray Wax, and tossed them both in the trunk with a MF and a bottle of water. Is there a better emergency pack for on the fly maintenance?? I #$%^ing hate these things.

I would keep a bottle of water, a spray bottle full of waterless wash, and a small bottle of some type of waterless or rinseless wash concentrate. Make sure you also have a couple of clean microfiber towels.

When you are in a bind you can presoak the bugs with the spray bottle, then add some concentrate to the bottle of water and soak a microfiber. After that just do exactly what I showed in the video and VIOLA! No more bug guts!

lol we get them here in beaufort also..man they have some grip also 60mph them buggers will stay clinging to my windshield!...hate em! thanks for the vid offers some great tips for dealing with them!. and driwash whats a "clear goat"? never seen love bugs attack a clear goat....LOL

Them bugs will damage anything, even clear goat!

nice job with the video!

Thank you!

MonoPed
09-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Every time I get home I go after the front bumper, lights, mirrors, hood and leading edge of the roof with a QD or DP waterless wash, and the windscreen with Stoner IG. Hate those little critters!

Driwash
09-19-2011, 09:08 PM
and driwash whats a "clear goat"? never seen love bugs attack a clear goat....LOL

A love bug was on my key board, stuck to my typing finger.....Im the MAN

Tom

Klink10
09-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Now that's a good comeback.

opie_7afe
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
LOL good cover!

WRAPT C5Z06
09-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Love bugs, what the hell are those? :D

LMAutoDetailing
09-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Great video Gary. Living in Orlando, I can't even count the times I've had to clean love bugs off the front of my truck! Good info for anyone that has to deal with these pests.

Garry Dean
09-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Love bugs, what the hell are those? :D

I wish I didn't know what they were. I don't really have an issue these days except for the fact that they smell so bad.

Great video Gary. Living in Orlando, I can't even count the times I've had to clean love bugs off the front of my truck! Good info for anyone that has to deal with these pests.

Yeah, they are a worthless pest.

Garry Dean
09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Got two more calls today for love bug removal. Yaaay. At least these people are smart and at least having them removed.