PDA

View Full Version : Hood getting a Makeover this Week

courtdale
09-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Just placed my 2nd AG order to get at my hood properly this week. Dr. Colorchip kit, small backing plate + 6 4" LC pads for the tighter areas, and a bottle of Black Fire Spray Gloss-Seal just because.

My first correction just didn't produce enough results first time around, so starting with the hood, I'm excited to give it a 2nd shot. The road rash was also very bad so I can't wait to see what colorchip does for it.

Question - on the hard to reach areas (3" or so). Is there any technique that can help get into those tough/small spots, or is this a situation where hand polish/compound comes into play?? I hate missing areas just because my pads are too big.

kimtyson
09-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm looking forward to some pics and a review of Dr.C. There are many of us that need it. For the small areas, unless you get smaller pads, and maybe a smaller machine, you are forced to do it by hand. Good luck!

Mike Moore
09-20-2011, 04:11 PM
3" backing plate and pads.
Dr. Color Chip works for me.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/merlinhd03/Detail/TruckHood3.jpg

You can do it man!!! Let's see before and after pics.

courtdale
09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice! Pads arrived today, looks like the Colorchip kit is coming separately.

kimtyson
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Merlin- Any before pics? That looks amazing but nothuing to compare it to.

OP- Maybe Dr. C is dropped shipped from the manufacturer. Please post once recieved. Thanks.

Mike Moore
09-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Sorry no before pics but I will tell you that the truck hood was swirled, scratched and looked awful.
That hood is what got me started in all this...polishing to perfection and quest for the perfect LSP.
That hood has cost me hundreds of hours of my life & many hunderds of dollars spent on supplies.
That hood now looks like a black mirror and is the envy of anyone and everyone that looks at it.
There's a LOT of very useful information on here from lots of folks that have been there done that.
It takes some time, patience, practice and tweaking of pads, products and process. You CAN do it!

It looks better now.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/merlinhd03/Detail/TruckHood11.jpg

courtdale
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM

OP- Maybe Dr. C is dropped shipped from the manufacturer. Please post once recieved. Thanks.

Arrived yesterday. Going to finish buffing the hood tonight, and the Colorchip job will be this weekend.

Really bad timing on a hood correction though, being that I am smack in the middle of Lovebug season here.

Showroom Shine
09-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Here's a hood shot of a 1969 Doge Charger. This is a Show Car. 560hp. It really screams. It's kept in a garage where dust accumilates on it. The process was ONR wash,Souveran Paste,WDGPS. It looked wet!

courtdale
09-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Here's a hood shot of a 1969 Doge Charger. This is a Show Car. 560hp. It really screams. It's kept in a garage where dust accumilates on it. The process was ONR wash,Souveran Paste,WDGPS. It looked wet!

Very nice. Damn I wish I ordered some ONR with my last delivery.

Finished step 2 last night with Menz. Power Finish and MUCH improved technique and wow, the hood is already popping and outside of the rash/bug damage, flaws have been seriously minimized this time around. Final polish with 85rd and the Colorchip kit scheduled for Saturday morning.

Flash Gordon
09-23-2011, 08:57 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/merlinhd03/Detail/TruckHood11.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful :applause::applause::applause:

You should turn this into a postcard and sell it at all the tourist traps in Florida :)

Mike Moore
09-24-2011, 05:50 AM

Did you use WDGSP over or under the Pinnacle Souveran?