PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Ultimate Compound

rdockery_3
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Ok I know I UC has no fillers because I did a wipe down with some rustoleum wax and tar remover after compounding and everything still looks fine. I have some very small chips that can't even be felt behind all four of my wheels. I noticed it this spring and I buffed it with some UC and it was gone. Here lately I've been able to see it again and I know its not from more rocks and gravels because I now have mud flaps. Can someone tell me why it started to reappear?

Garry Dean
09-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Ok I know I UC has no fillers because I did a wipe down with some rustoleum wax and tar remover after compounding and everything still looks fine. I have some very small chips that can't even be felt behind all four of my wheels. I noticed it this spring and I buffed it with some UC and it was gone. Here lately I've been able to see it again and I know its not from more rocks and gravels because I now have mud flaps. Can someone tell me why it started to reappear?

:postpics:

rdockery_3
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/rdockery_3/2011-02-14162752.jpg
It looked like that behind all four wheels. That was back in the March, I used UC on it and you couldn't even tell it was there. This pic was taken right after the buffing.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/rdockery_3/2011-02-15165116.jpg
Then lately it had started looking like the first pic again. Today I got the UC out and used it and once again you can't tell it was there.

Mike Phillips
09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
If these are actual chips in the paint, that is a void in the paint, then it could be that over time, some of the polishing residues completely dry and turn white.

You don't see the white residue immediately, but later on...

Just a guess...

:)

rdockery_3
09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
If these are actual chips in the paint, that is a void in the paint, then it could be that over time, some of the polishing residues completely dry and turn white.

You don't see the white residue immediately, but later on...

Just a guess...

:)

Yeah that does make sense. I hadn't thought of that.