PDA

View Full Version : Pads

Daddyjoe99
09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi guys i was wondering how you all clean your cyclo pads after used. Thanks for your time.

BobbyG
09-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't have a Cyclo polisher but believe it uses a 4" foam pad. These pads can be cleaned by spraying the face with an all purpose cleaner, let soak in for a few minutes, then place them in a solution of Detailer’s Pro Series Polishing Pad Rejuvenator or similar product.

DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator was created to provide detailers with a fast and effective way to clean pads without soapy residue or foamy degreasers. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp730.html)

I use very warm water when washing pads and knead them every 5 to 10 minutes to circulate the solution through the pad dissolving and flushing out contaminates..

Elite Pro
09-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Bobby's right, to add, I'll spin it on the machine for a few seconds at a low speed setting, then place them face down(velcro up) on a microfiber towel to dry

Rsurfer
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Bobby's right, to add, I'll spin it on the machine for a few seconds at a low speed setting, then place them face down(velcro up) on a microfiber towel to dry

I like using a drying rack instead of a mf towel, this way air will circulate under the pad.

Elite Pro
09-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Good call

Robert8194
09-18-2011, 10:00 PM
You're suppose to clean them? Oh yeah, I think Mike mentioned that in class. I use the Grit Guard pad cleaner. Doesn't fit as well as PC but still works. Pads come out clean and almost dry. By hand I use pad cleaner and rub them on grit guard and them put on drying rack (plastic shelving).

Elite Pro
09-18-2011, 10:09 PM
^^ Explains the finish on your car...:poke::laughing:

Robert8194
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
^^ Explains the finish on your car...:poke::laughing:

I just put BFWD on the 'vette. When I get the Midnight Sun on, I will send you a picture of my finish. Hope you are doing well Sergio.