PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a wheel cleaner

Pages : [1] 2 3

Noob
09-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Guys, need to order a new bottle of wheel cleaner for my BMW wheels. I just finished the meguairs all wheel cleaner and didn't much care for it.

Also a wheel brush too!

Im the MAN

snowking724
09-18-2011, 09:04 AM
We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsrwc128.html-it) does need a little agitation on occasion but has worked great for me.
We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-tire-wheel-well-brush-kit.html-best) best set of brushes
We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.autogeek.net/ezdebrfca.html-works)works really well, sometimes the flex shaft works against you but others it is a savior.

Noob
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Those links take me home lol

tw33k2514
09-18-2011, 09:07 AM
This is gunna sound crazy, but after I started using Eagle One A2Z, I pretty much threw my other wheel cleaners away. It works so well it is kinda insane. And it is available OTC for a low price. I used to use CG Diablo, and it is weak compared to A2Z. I do keep a bottle of Megs wheel brightner on hand for certain situations though.

Noob
09-18-2011, 09:13 AM
This is gunna sound crazy, but after I started using Eagle One A2Z, I pretty much threw my other wheel cleaners away. It works so well it is kinda insane. And it is available OTC for a low price. I used to use CG Diablo, and it is weak compared to A2Z. I do keep a bottle of Megs wheel brightner on hand for certain situations though.

This stuff? Is it "safe" on BMW rims?
Buy Eagle One A2Z All Wheel and Tire Cleaner (26 oz.) E11020626 at Advance Auto Parts (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_A2Z-All-Wheel-and-Tire-Cleaner-(26-oz-)-Eagle-One_7030001-P_N3303_T|GRP2074_____)

snowking724
09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Sorry, the first one is Poorboys Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner, the second is the Mothers Wheel and Tire Brush set, and the third is the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush.

shoeless89
09-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Some of the wheel cleaners I have used are Mothers OTC, Meguiars OTC and a few other OTC ones. I've also used P21 Gel, Sonax and Meguiars wheel brightener.

For me it comes down to the Sonax or Meguairs Wheel Brightener depending on the situation. They clean roughly the same but the price is way different. Meguiar's is my go-to product and Sonax for higher-end cars.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

FussMan
09-18-2011, 09:27 AM
If your wheels have been nicely maintained and finished with sealant or carnuba, than all you generally need is soap and water.

If you want to kick it up from there you can buy some Simple Green OTC, Mother Brushes are a fine addition.
After cleaning, simply mist with Meguires Ultimate Wax to maintain the seal.
Meguires Endurance on the tires and you have showroom quality wheels and tire..and it all OTC!

Good Luck
Fussman

tw33k2514
09-18-2011, 10:32 AM
This stuff? Is it "safe" on BMW rims?
Buy Eagle One A2Z All Wheel and Tire Cleaner (26 oz.) E11020626 at Advance Auto Parts (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_A2Z-All-Wheel-and-Tire-Cleaner-(26-oz-)-Eagle-One_7030001-P_N3303_T|GRP2074_____)

Yes, I've used it on many kinds of wheels including polished aluminum, and it has been fine.

jetwave
09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
I use Eagle One A2Z and it works great for the price.

Jenn1270
09-18-2011, 12:12 PM
yes, I'll admit it. I have more wheel cleaners than most girls have shoes and purses, but I LOVE the GG wheel cleaners. From what I hear (someone said on here), you can find it OTC.

My secondary favorite is the DP gel wheel cleaner.

Like someone said before, the secret is to clean well and then seal (845 or my favorite Opti-seal). It makes further clean up as easy as spraying with some ONR diluted to QD or OOC on it and wiping.

Jenn

Jimmie
09-18-2011, 01:09 PM
P21S
You can let dwell on those silver painted German wheels with no worries. As much brake dust as those BMW's throw this is what I would do even if more expensive.

dsottum
09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Get Megs Wheel Brightener for the tough caked on dirty wheels, other than that just soapy water works just fine. Do yourself a favor and get a wheel well brush (like Mothers) and nothing other than the Daytona Speedmaster brush. This is one of few detailing tools I refuse to work without ever since I bought one, it cleans the barrels amazingly well. As said before, just keep a good sealant on your wheels and maintain with a spray wax during washes and you'll be golden for helping keep a lot of the brake dust off.

Noob
09-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I think I'll go with the eagle a2z as long as it's okay on my BMW oem rims/wheels. It's OTC and readily avail now :Picture:

sserdlihc
09-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I Did a full detail on my wifes' Lacrosse on tuesday. Cleaned the wheels with diluted simplegreen, dried them, clayed them and then sealed them with mothers FX. Today I washed the Lacrosse again and just used soap and water. They were so much easier to clean.