PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Elastrofoam Cleaning kit

mg6045
09-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Holy wow, this system work very well. and is so clean and easy to use. !!!

I'm so happy I picked this up on BOGO.

I started with the windows and then did the paint.

This is going to be tough to believe but I promise you its true. I Elastrofaomed the entire car including glass in less than 15 minutes. It would have taken me over 1.5 hours with clay.

I am another believer in this product and 95% of the time I will be using this instead of clay. Its amazing.

Garry Dean
09-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Holy wow, this system work very well. and is so clean and easy to use. !!!

I'm so happy I picked this up on BOGO.

I started with the windows and then did the paint.

This is going to be tough to believe but I promise you its true. I Elastrofaomed the entire car including glass in less than 15 minutes. It would have taken me over 1.5 hours with clay.

I am another believer in this product and 95% of the time I will be using this instead of clay. Its amazing.

Yes sir, its good stuff! A huge time saver as you mentioned! Thanks for sharing!

onlycodered
09-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Just used Elastrofoam for the first time yesterday on my buddy's 2006 VW Passat. This stuff works amazingly well! No longer have to sit around and knead clay. Just rinse and you're good to go!

truckbutt
09-18-2011, 08:43 AM
After seeing this thread I looked Elastrofoam up on the AG Store. I am confused. How does this product removed bonded contaminants without disrupting the wax or sealant as it claims?

Garry Dean
09-18-2011, 08:54 AM
After seeing this thread I looked Elastrofoam up on the AG Store. I am confused. How does this product removed bonded contaminants without disrupting the wax or sealant as it claims?

I wouldn't rely on that aspect. I have found that it will remove contaminants very well, but anytime I use the Elastrofoam or clay I apply a coat of protection afterwards.

mg6045
09-18-2011, 09:32 AM

It removes the contaminants very well. If I had to guess I would rate the cleaning ability between an ultra fine clay (pinnacle ultra poly clay) and a medium clay (DP detailing clay).

I would imagine that it has some negative effects on your LSP. But if your very gentle with it, and use a very generous amount of the Ultima cleaning gel (PH 7), I could see it not removing all of your protection. If Ultima makes the claim, than i'm sure theres soemthing too it. Maybe it has to do with the makeup of the material itself. Material wise, its vastly different than a claybar.

I compounded after using the elastrofoam, so I was probably a bit more aggressive with the system than normal. And I used less of the cleaning lubricant than I would , have I was not going to compound after the fact.

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2011, 09:40 AM
It removes the contaminants very well. If I had to guess I would rate the cleaning ability between an ultra fine clay (pinnacle ultra poly clay) and a medium clay (DP detailing clay).

Just used Elastrofoam for the first time yesterday on my buddy's 2006 VW Passat. This stuff works amazingly well! No longer have to sit around and knead clay. Just rinse and you're good to go!

Most reviews of this product when it came out pegged it as more of a replacement for aggressive (red) clay, and I remember many comments that suggested only using it before polishing because of the marring. Has something changed with the product, or are you guys just better at using it?

I love the idea of this product, but I'm not going to be trying it soon as I have tons of clay stockpiled. FWIW, I usually clay while washing, and rinse my clay in the rinse bucket before kneading.

mg6045
09-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Most reviews of this product when it came out pegged it as more of a replacement for aggressive (red) clay, and I remember many comments that suggested only using it before polishing because of the marring. Has something changed with the product, or are you guys just better at using it?

I love the idea of this product, but I'm not going to be trying it soon as I have tons of clay stockpiled. FWIW, I usually clay while washing, and rinse my clay in the rinse bucket before kneading.

Not sure, I have not used it enough to know for sure. Plus I did not spend much anytime inspecting what the Elastrofaom did in terms of any marring. I dont think I saw any marring though.

One thing is for sure... This product is NOT a replacement for red clay. Like I mentioned earlier , I think its less aggressive than the DP medium grade clay, which has proved to be very safe to use often.

When you speak of the early reviews , was it specifically the "ULTIMA" foam block that was being pegged as a red clay replacement, or was it another manufacturers foam block ? I know CG makes these foam blocks as well, and so do a couple other companys.

I couldnt see Ultima gearing this towards a red claybar replacement. Especially considering that the entire Ultima line is a maintenance line, and they dont sell any polish's that are designed to correct paint. The one product that they do have is a mild paint cleaner/glaze that is polymer based and designed to help UPGP bond better than bare paint.

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2011, 09:58 AM
When you speak of the early reviews , was it specifically the "ULTIMA" foam block that was being pegged as a red clay replacement, or was it another manufacturers foam block ? I know CG makes these foam blocks as well, and so do a couple other companys.

IMO you're confusing the words "make" and sell". I'd bet dollars to donuts that they are all "made" in the same place, regardless of who "sells" them. I've never heard anyone comment that they felt any of these blocks were any different from each other, but maybe that's selective reading on my part.

mg6045
09-18-2011, 10:34 AM
IMO you're confusing the words "make" and sell". I'd bet dollars to donuts that they are all "made" in the same place, regardless of who "sells" them. I've never heard anyone comment that they felt any of these blocks were any different from each other, but maybe that's selective reading on my part.

No i'm not confusing any words. I was not thinking of the subject of manufacturing.. I have never tried or had any of these blocks in my hand until yesterday, and I've only tried the Ultima one. So it would be pretentious of me to compare the ones that are currently on the market. I did not realize that they are all similar and possibly all the same product like you stated.

After I read your post I figured there were a few different kinds of them because like earlier stated I felt that the Ultima Elastrofaom was less aggressive than a standard medium grade clay like the DP one.