PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Duragloss 101 and 105?

lkotsios
09-18-2011, 06:42 AM
They both seem to perform same task. Which is less abrassive I am looking for a nice all in one.

dougaross
09-18-2011, 06:57 AM
105... TPP (Total Protection Polish) a sealant with a cleaner. A very light cleaner..will not remove a new cured sealer...has a warmer look since it is a polymer resin combo..made to mimic a waxed looked. TPPs their flagship synthetic wax product.

101..a cleaner sealant again...a stronger cleaning action than 105....provides a wetter look 101 was their original product, which they still offer for people who like using it and don't want to switch. Intended for manual application

BobbyG
09-18-2011, 07:05 AM
They both seem to perform same task. Which is less abrassive I am looking for a nice all in one.

They sound very similar however one appears to offer more durability that the other so that's probable the major difference. Duragloss 101 offers 6 months of protection whike Duragloss 105 offers 1 year..

I read the information on each and both seem to be very mild and seem to clean and brighten the surface with chemicals rather than abrasives so they sort of cancel out on the aggressiveness scale.

I've never tried either but in reading the information on both this seems to be the major difference.

lkotsios
09-18-2011, 07:10 AM
105... TPP (Total Protection Polish) a sealant with a cleaner. A very light cleaner..will not remove a new cured sealer...has a warmer look since it is a polymer resin combo..made to mimic a waxed looked. TPPs their flagship synthetic wax product.

101..a cleaner sealant again...a stronger cleaning action than 105....provides a wetter look 101 was their original product, which they still offer for people who like using it and don't want to switch. Intended for manual application
So if you want to start from scratch by removing old wax and sealants, 105 will not do that for you I have to use some thing before 105 to clean paint?

Larry A
09-18-2011, 04:07 PM
So if you want to start from scratch by removing old wax and sealants, 105 will not do that for you I have to use some thing before 105 to clean paint?
Use 501, Swirl Mark Remover or there Precleaner to clean the paint and then use the 601/105 combo to give long lasting protection. You can put on the 601 and without wipeing off put on the 105 , or mix up a small amount of 4 parts 105 to 1 part 601 and apply . Remember the mixture will harden up in the bottle so mix up a small amount. You dont have to use 601 at all, but the protection will last a little longer. What I do is use 501 and follow in a week after a wash with 105.

rwright
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Use 501, Swirl Mark Remover or there Precleaner to clean the paint and then use the 601/105 combo to give long lasting protection. You can put on the 601 and without wipeing off put on the 105 , or mix up a small amount of 4 parts 105 to 1 part 601 and apply . Remember the mixture will harden up in the bottle so mix up a small amount. You dont have to use 601 at all, but the protection will last a little longer. What I do is use 501 and follow in a week after a wash with 105.

Great answer! Something to keep in mind, Swirl Mark Remover contains protective properties and Pre-Cleaner #2 does not. These products do not contain fillers either.