PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide which pads

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mike T
05-02-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm stuck between getting the Edge 2000 kit or LC Deluxe foam pad kit. I know there's not much difference in price, but that little amount makes a difference.
To much money going out and not enough coming in lol...
I've read good things about both and thought this would help make my final decision.

SVTContour
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
I have never used the edge pads but I really like my Lake Country pads.

Mike T
05-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Well not much feedback given, but thanks guys for voting.

joe.p
05-02-2006, 11:03 PM
This is a very good question Mike.give it some time for people who are familiar with both pads to chime in. I've been reading a lot of good opinions on the Edge 2000 and they have developed the Waffle pad as well. If someone who has experience with both types we're listening.

DS Detailer
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I've only used Lake County... Something about the edge pads I don't like is that they snap in... what if for some stroke of bad luck... the pad seperates and you drill that metal thing into the paint? I'll stick with velcro.

joe.p
05-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I've only used Lake County... Something about the edge pads I don't like is that they snap in... what if for some stroke of bad luck... the pad seperates and you drill that metal thing into the paint? I'll stick with velcro.
The new edge adapter was redesigned and tested to make sure this won't happen. Jason would be a good source of information on the new adapters..

cwcad
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I use LC pads and Propel pads. Both work well. If I were to start anew I would consider using the Edge Pads. Reports say that it is a good system. Have great pad selection. They also have the new waffle pads available.

I am happy with the pads that I have but would have no reservations using the edge system. Many reputable members of different forums have given it good reviews.

No matter what system that you chose your work will be dependant on technique, product, and practice.

Surfer
05-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Well I have the Edge 2000 pad's/kit that I just bought, IMO it's hands down worth the money from what I've seen. The pad's are top notch quality, and dual sided which makes it very versatile and easier for say our trucks/suv's. Plus Aaron at Edge is a great guy, I spoke with him the other day as I wanted to see if he had 4" pads, he's sending me out some samples to try as they don't have a 4" product line just yet. Great service.

I haven't used the pads yet, but I have a friend who had the Lake County and now has the new Edge Pad's. I know he loves them and won't go back to the others (not that they were bad), and I've seen the actually work the Edge pads do so I can't wait to do a full detail this weekend. Told Aaron I'd post my results/thoughts on the 4" samples he sent me as he's gathering feedback to bring out that line.

Mike T
05-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Well I just placed my order and purchased the LC Deluxe Pad kit, WG Deep Gloss Sealent, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, and some MF Pads. I have alot of work cut out for me this weekend. The repair shop did a number on my finish.

DS Detailer
05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Well I just placed my order and purchased the LC Deluxe Pad kit, WG Deep Gloss Sealent, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, and some MF Pads. I have alot of work cut out for me this weekend. The repair shop did a number on my finish.

Oh you'll love WG. Jest make sure you let it cure before layering up the LS. Those 2 products I would eat if edible... Thats how much I love them.

Mike T
05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I figured atleast 12 Hours in between. How many layers of Souveran did you use? I planned on just one coat of WG. Although you never know.

DS Detailer
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
12 hours is more then enough time. I did my moms Jeep and let it cure for 2 hours... did 2 layers of LS. back to back. came out nice. On my ride... I did 1 layer of WG, a layer of P21s wax, and 2 layers of LS. For the next few washes it just needs a little crystal Mist...

Which I need more of.

Mike T
05-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Did you apply WG & LS by hand or PC?

DS Detailer
05-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Did you apply WG & LS by hand or PC?
Both by machine.

Surfer
05-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I did 1 layer of WG, a layer of P21s wax, and 2 layers of LS.Thought you aren't supposed to use sealent over a wax?