PDA

View Full Version : well placed first order today

full throttle
02-07-2007, 06:48 PM
well I ended up gettin the porter cable and xmt kit,souveran paste,wheel cover,pinnacle clay kit ,xmt pad con. cleaner and the spur.Hope I didnt miss anything . I cant wait,now we just need some good weather.:awesome:

nick19
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Remember when using the PC and XMT, to ALWAYS take your time. It will take you HOURS not minutes to polish your truck. In your case, maybe days, depending on your PC skills.

Rule of thumb:

Don't use a lot of product. 2 dime-sized "blots" of product is enough.

Always take your time.

Apply pressure to the HEAD of the PC, while balancing the tail part. A good rule is to apply a lot of pressure until you don't see the head spinning any more, once you do this, gently let off. You need to apply a decent amount of pressure, and move the PC slowly. It takes time to break down the polish to remove surface defects.

Don't rush yourself. I would do maybe half the truck in one day, the other have another. Getting used to the PC can be troublesome unless you have good technique and know your products.

Always try and use the LEAST aggressive product/polish first. Sometimes the case may be where the swirls APPEAR deep, but actually XMT #1 or XMT #2 might to the trick, instead of using something more aggressive.

Remember to work the PC from side to side, and up and down on the same panel. If you want to get tricky, a quick pass from corner to corner works well too. Always overlap about an two inches or so.

Use blue painters tape to tape seals, chrome fixtures, emblems, etc.

I hope this helps shed some light.

Did you pick up a sealant or finishing glaze?

-Nick :cheers:

full throttle
02-07-2007, 07:21 PM
thank you very much.and yes it comes with the xmt finishing glaze .One question though do I have to wait to apply wax after the glaze or is it better..and if I did do one side of the truck one day chances are its gonna get dirty ,would that matter

nick19
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
thank you very much.and yes it comes with the xmt finishing glaze .One question though do I have to wait to apply wax after the glaze or is it better..and if I did do one side of the truck one day chances are its gonna get dirty ,would that matter

Just use a QD before you polish. You can apply wax after the glaze. It requires no curing time. Although I would wait an hour or so.

-Nick

full throttle
02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
what would be a good qd?

ScottB
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
microfibers are also a must ....

full throttle
02-07-2007, 07:42 PM
got some thanx killrwheels that sure is a nice vette you got there:cheers:

Nuke33
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Looks like someone is going to have some fun

full throttle
02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Ooh yeah,untill my wife finds the bill..lol . whats exactly meant by a Qd does tha mean like a quick detailer like a spray.

full throttle
02-07-2007, 08:56 PM
also it didnt ask me what wheelsize I had for the wheel cover when I ordered?

wytstang
02-07-2007, 09:06 PM
QD=Quick detailer we tend to use a lot of abbreviations here it make typing product info faster. Here you go http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/2700-new-product-abbreviation-chart.html

full throttle
02-07-2007, 09:13 PM
awww thanx.thats alot of abbreviations

wytstang
02-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah but you pick it up fast the more you hang around. I was lost when I first started researching detailing now I can abbreviate with the best of them :D.

Nuke33
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Deff have to eat the bill when it comes so the wife cant find it hehe

full throttle
02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Deff have to eat the bill when it comes so the wife cant find it hehe Its like I'm back in school hiding my report cards..lol