PDA

View Full Version : canyon vs titan?

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
09-17-2011, 04:35 PM
have been crazy at work! 50+ hour weeks. dead tired. i have been looking at nissans titan as of late. pro4x king cab. v8. currently in a 2010 canyon. (got new). 5cyl. z71. i do love my canyon, but was blown away with the titan. dealer called today to see where i sit. test drove one about a week ago. crazy rebates on the new 2011's. over 8k! i was offered over book on my canyon. for a few bucks more a month i could get in the titan. i have been researching the hell out of them! appears to be a decent truck. now there is a package on top of the pro4x. it includes rockford fosgate stereo, sprayed in bed liner, tow mirrors, adjustable pedals, a few other note worthy items. now the one i drove down the street, does not have that package. so i told the salesman today could you find one in smoke color, with that package? low and behold. he found one. so its on me now. i really dont know if i should stay put or go nissan?

aerogt01
09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you answered your own question.

The only issue I would see is brand loyalty, and whether somebody would consider a Nissan a "truck."

PA DETAILER
09-17-2011, 05:11 PM
http://cdn.getauto.com/photos/7/18637/1c/1N6AA06C48N350536-1c.jpg

just a pic of what i am looking at.

Rei86
09-17-2011, 05:20 PM
The Canyon is the Colorado which is is in the same segment as the Frontier.

So you'll be stepping up to a fullsize pick up, if you like it I say go for it.

PA DETAILER
09-17-2011, 05:28 PM
indeed. mid size to a full size. 5cyl. to a 8cyl. the power of the titan was impressive. rated at 317hp. i am sure the rated 17 mpg will hurt. but in the canyon, the 3.7 is no miser. i get about 21mpg. you know i test drove a frontier too for kicks. not that i would want another mid size, but the frontier was very impressive. the nissan dealer (5min down the street) was not there when i got my canyon. if it was, i most likley would have got the frontier. the xterra was interesting. not my cup of tea tho.

longdx
09-17-2011, 05:29 PM
My old next door neighbor has a Titan crew cab in black. He loves it and you can truly get a good deal on them (considering they have been on the market for the past couple of years). I do not know how much of a drop of fuel economy you will see compared to your Canyon. But I would venture about 1-2mpg hwy. However, the Nissan V8 is quite nice.

Scott DeBrun
09-17-2011, 06:00 PM
The color of that truck is called Night Armor, it's gray with blue and silver metal flake in the paint, the same color that's on my Frontier, you'll love it.

Garry Dean
09-17-2011, 06:04 PM
I say if the loss in gas mileage is of no concern to you, I would go for it. More luxury and power is always a good thing. Thats a sweet looking truck.

A.P.A.D.
09-17-2011, 08:46 PM
i have an 09 Titan LE package. i would get it if i were u. definately an upgrade from what u have. the truck does like to stop at gas stations though.

not sure what ole aerogt01 meant by it not being a truck :poke: maybe he drives 18wheelers or something

here is mine...

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/chromegixxer/DSCN0662.jpg

the only mods i have done is 5% tint and Banks exhaust <---LOUD

Nappers
09-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Two of my coworkers just got Titans, one is an 05 and the other is brand new. They went from Chevy/Toyota to the Titan...(at my recommendation of vehicles to choose). I never hear anything bad about the trucks.

They both love them.

Rei86
09-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Don't know, I've always been on a Ford kick and I would rather get a F-150 Ecoboost but that's cash we're talking about:(

Hate how so many cars have gone up in price these days. Thinking about trading in my Kia Optima LX also for a Optima SX... Makes no sense yes, but yeah...

eaglefan
09-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I will never ever buy a foreign car or truck. Thats my decision, but I would drive an old piece of crap american car before I would be caught in a japanese car. NEVER! Just me. However, you are not comparing apples to apples, midsize fullsize. Do you need it because your current truck can not do something that you need it to do? Are you towing something? Dealers want used cars now. They cant get enough of them, everyone wants used cars. Plus anything that is not a gas saver, they are really trying to move

Gruebukkit
09-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I can't say much about the Titan, but I owned a 2007 Nissan Murano for almost four years and it was a sound vehicle, VERY comfortable and drove like it was on rails (I had the SE AWD). The Bose audio spoiled me. My hearing is not the best, but by comparison, the clarity of sound is what I miss most in the Bose. (Seriously, if it's an option on the Titan, GET IT - you won't regret it!) But the best thing about the Murano was the level of service I experienced at just about any Nissan dealer I walked into. They all practically did backflips to insure I was happy when I left - and after (yes, they routinely followed-up!) I would definitely own Nissan again.

As far as trucks go, I have owned Ford trucks for decades, and they've all been solid. (Though service has been hit-and-miss. NOTHING like Nissan!) I gave my last F150 to my BIL with 230k miles on it, and it has survived a few hurricanes (including the aftermath tree dragging, stump-pulling cleanup), so it has a few dings and could use fresh paint, but it still runs strong. Currently, I have a 2005 Super Duty diesel crew cab that's just barely getting broke-in at 135k miles - and trading it now would be like giving away my favorite dog or losing a family member... I must be getting sentimental in my old age! ;)

Rei86
09-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I will never ever buy a foreign car or truck. Thats my decision, but I would drive an old piece of crap american car before I would be caught in a japanese car. NEVER! Just me. However, you are not comparing apples to apples, midsize fullsize. Do you need it because your current truck can not do something that you need it to do? Are you towing something? Dealers want used cars now. They cant get enough of them, everyone wants used cars. Plus anything that is not a gas saver, they are really trying to move

wow... Just wow...

http://i54.tinypic.com/b7kx0o.jpg

Elite Pro
09-18-2011, 12:49 AM
My T was built in Canton, Mississippi

I got an '06 SE 4x2 with all options, modded out & I love it- I've never had any major problems with it and will drive it til it blows up, currently has 142k and runs like a champ. I tow maybe 4~5 times a year about 5k lbs like nothing's back there

@A.P.A.D Nice T! - I run the banks too. Waitin' on my Stillen long tubes and Berk B-pipes, then a custom y pipe....