PDA

View Full Version : Terry cloth bonnets

JSMet
09-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I have a question about the use of terry cloth bonnets. Do any of you use them in the application or removal of polish, sealants, or waxes? Since the material is coarse compared to microfiber, would you regard it as safe to use? I have some, but I've been reluctant to use them because I'm thinking that they may cause scratches in the paint finish.Feed back please

poweraid
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
u should have got the mf bonnets instead if u wanted to buff off wax- sealant ... terry cloth will be way to corse on paint . I don't use bonnets it's just to easy to buff off with a mf towel by hand .

poweraid
09-17-2011, 04:22 PM
opps as far as application u want to use a soft foam pad , blue or red even a gray will do . Terry cloth will just get all plugged up and do more harm than good if u ask me . I even think a mf bonnet will do the same . IMO

JSMet
09-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks, I think I'll put the terry cloth bonnets with my other mistakes in the basement.

Mobile detail
09-18-2011, 03:03 AM
There was a time when people used terry cloth because micro fiber wa snt around or it was expensive. Crap I remember when micro was just starting to take off. I'm sounding like my dad.

kimtyson
09-19-2011, 08:18 AM
There was a time when people used terry cloth because micro fiber wa snt around or it was expensive. Crap I remember when micro was just starting to take off. I'm sounding like my dad.

Did you walk to the store to buy it, uphill both ways? Were you listening to tunes on your Walkman?