PDA

View Full Version : Need Tip For New Car

JNyz
09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Just picked up an A4. It has 500 miles on it in the last month and I washed it 5 times. I purchased a clay bar, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant. Not sure if I should use the clay so early or save it for next year. Klasse glaze or should I use just the wolfgang spritz sealant. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks

JonMiles
09-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I normally clay the day the car arrives from the dealership to remove anything that go on the car during shipment and on the lot. You will be surprised how much stuff comes up. Make your first detail as complete as possible and maintaining it will be much easier.

My normal process for a brand new car is as follows:
1)wash with chemical guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
2)Degrease thoroughly the tires, wheel wells, and all plastics
3)clay everything with a mild clay including the doorjams
4)dry and inspect for swirls
5)1 stage polish with menzerna 85rd to maximize the gloss (2 stages with SIP/85rd if needed...not often)
6)Wipe down with mineral spirits
7) apply sealant or paint coating to everything. (doorjams and wheels too)
8) aquapel windows
9) UTTG for tires, plastics and rubber (including door seals)

BobbyG
09-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Jon, I think you've got it covered! :props:

:welcome: To Autogeek Online!! :dblthumb2:

Normally I clay 4 or 5 times a year but I live in the North East and my truck spends the entire day outdoors. Routine claying is important as it removes embedded particles from the finish that washing leaves behind.

Polish

Since it's a new car I would polish it with something like Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA or of the paint is really pristine, nearly swirl free, then I'd opt for Menzerna PO85RD.

Sealant

You already have a nice sealant, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, which will make the finish glow. This will really protect the finish against many of the airborne contaminates and make maintaining much easier.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus is another fantastic product that protects the finish well for long periods and is applied easily with the microfiber pad that's included in the kit.

Wax

My all time favorite is Collinite 845. When applied with a dual action polisher it's easy to spread it thin while achieving complete coverage.