PDA

View Full Version : Need to make a Pad purchase...having a major dilemma...HELP

Rez90
09-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Background...

I have a FLEX 3401 and PC. Various 3", 5", and 6" pads. CCS, Flat, and HT Pads.

Lots of different polishes in my cabinet. 105, 205, UC, D151. HD UNO. Menz 203, SIP, Nano. PB SSR 2.5, 1.

Some of my pads need replacing and i also just recently found out they make different backing plates for the flex.

When i found out about this i was going to stock on HT pads in 5.5 inch and be done with it.

but now all i'm reading about is the new Megs MF system.

What should i do? Get the smaller HT pads and new backing plate for the flex? or say screw it and get the same backing plate and the new Megs system....

any advice is greatly appreciated! :xyxthumbs:

Twister
09-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I have seen several that say they don't like the MF pads on the flex. I have not tried it but I've seen it mentioned several times. They say it worked but they felt it just worked better with a DA over the Flex

You might want to do a little search before making that purchase

lepineAutoDetai
09-17-2011, 01:03 PM
The mf pads to me are only good for light swirl removal and polishing! I like the Orange and White LC CCS 5.5 inch pads. Always work great for most the work I do!

ScottB
09-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Hydrotech pads and flat pads work best for me with the Flex specifically. You can certainly consider Megs DA system and Surbuf pads for deeper corrections and most likely find them useful with random orbital buffers like the PC-XP