PDA

View Full Version : The Edge 4 inch DoublePrecision™ Cyclo Foam Pads

Meghan
02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Well they have finally arrived, we have a limited supply on the first shipment, so if you need them, grab them FAST!!! Im the MAN

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1936_30744053

Upgrade your Cyclo to the Edge 2000 System!

The Edge 4 inch DoublePrecision™ Cyclo Foam Pads are compact versions of the Edge’s revolutionary double-sided foam polishing pads. The 4 inch foam pads use the same self-centering adapter to attach the Edge 2000 4 inch pads to your Cyclo Orbital Polisher! The Edge 2000 4 inch pads are versatile, reversible, and a great value!
The Edge 4 inch DoublePrecision™ Cyclo Foam Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)

Excessive Detail
02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Can they be used with a da that is already fitted for edge 6" pads.

Meghan
02-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes they can, you can use them on a Porter Cable if you like.

abrcrombe
02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
A little expensive... I may give them a try though.

qadsan
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Will you be getting the blue 4" pads as well? Will there be a 4" Edge kit that includes all the pads at a discount like you do with the 6" pads? Or are the Orange pads so close to the Blue pads that there's really no need for the Blue?

Thank you for putting these for sale :)

dennish
02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Is there going to be a kit since with pads and adapters?

Meghan
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Is there going to be a kit since with pads and adapters?
I am sure all of that will come in time... we just got them so we wanted to get them up since so many have been asking for them.

The Edge
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM

YES!, they fit the PC, and the Rotary as well as long as you have an Edge2000 adapter on those machines it will accept any of The Edge2000 pads. Now your rotary can use 8inch, 6inch, and 4inch, your PC can use the 6inch and 4inch, and the Cyclo is revolutionized with these 4inch pads, by eliminating off center pads, bringing the pads closer to the machine, removing the bulky rubber backing plate and boot, and virtually eliminating the vibrations on the Cyclo machine!
These have been long anticipated and you WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!

Surfer
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
I'll just chime in and say Aaron made me a custom set of 4" pads almost a year ago, an orange one and a blue one. Both have held up great, and I especially love the blue one as I never liked applying product by machine but the blue pad seems to absorb the right amount and spreads product so thin and easy, I even tried it with Natty's Blue, was much quicker then trying to do my truck by hand. My 4" Blue even feels softer then my 6" white polishing pad.

Edge Rocks!

The Edge
02-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Here is a neat and very thorough reveiw of the pads and system I found online today!

Cyclo's Dual-Precision Pads - Optimum Forum (http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=22&hl=edge)

Nuke33
02-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Great idea... Should work good

Rsurfer
02-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to post a new question? I received my pc with edge quick disconnect. The mf bonnets doen't seem to want to stay on at higher speeds. Any suggestions?

Rsurfer

dennish
02-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I am sure all of that will come in time... we just got them so we wanted to get them up since so many have been asking for them.

I guess I can wait to see what you guys come up with – it hasn’t been above freezing but a couple of days this year and now 1 to 3 inches of snow this weekend. With the weather it isn’t like I going to need them for while.

{FzS}BlacKMagicK
02-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Are they going to make a 4" blue pad?

I would like to mimic the process I plan on using on larger sections of my car with the 6" pad, on smaller sections of my car with the 4" pad.

That is XMT#3 with the green pad, XMT#2 with the orange pad and XMT#1 with the blue pad. There are many small sections of my car where a 6" pad is just too large.

Also, will these pads be ok to use with the PC 7424 despite the 5" counterweight?