PDA

View Full Version : Asking before Doing

jbone
09-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Planning this for a couple friends before winter.

Wash, clay, Pinnacle Paint cleansing lotion, Collinite 476. All done by hand with mf and handjobber.

Question 1: Would you use Mothers Gold sealer/glaze in there?
" 2: Wash again before 476 application?
" 3: More gloss with 1 coat of 845 over 1 coat 476?

thanks
Johno

john b
09-17-2011, 01:41 AM
no need to wash after paint cleaner in that situation.i would stick with pinnacle for your winter prep and yes put a coat of 845 on for winter prep

BobbyG
09-17-2011, 05:26 AM
Planning this for a couple friends before winter.

Wash, clay, Pinnacle Paint cleansing lotion, Collinite 476. All done by hand with mf and handjobber.

Question 1: Would you use Mothers Gold sealer/glaze in there?
" 2: Wash again before 476 application?
" 3: More gloss with 1 coat of 845 over 1 coat 476?

thanks
Johno

Hi John,

Good order of steps!

Pinnacles cleansing lotion is a mild polish that contains no abrasives. It chemically cleans the finish and has fine fillers. "Paintwork Cleansing Lotion uses a combination of gloss-enhancing oils and micro-fine fillers to polish your car without abrasives."

No need to wash again.

Follow the instructions for applying and buffing, wait until dry, and go with a coat of either Collinite 845 or 476. Collinite 476 is a bit more difficult to apply as it's more of a traditional paste wax rather than a liquid or cream.

A single coat will do the trick but you can double up after a few days.

jbone
09-17-2011, 08:17 AM
thanks boys!

a little nervous when working on cars that aren't mine. I try to be better each time out, but there are so many little details (sorry) that one must keep in mind. I find it a little daunting at times, but you guys have been great!

thanks again.